Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BigBear on Civ Specific Units <--U.S News claims intriguing and insightful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all looks nicely balanced. I think this will add interest to the game. Every Civ will play slightly different, adding to the gameplay. Nothing but good
    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I agree with Big Bear.
      If any civilization gets to have their UU forever it would be bad, but I really don think thats the case.
      The only thing that scares me is that we havent heard of any stealth fighter to replace the f-15, it was in civ2 but it doesnt mean its going to be in civ3.

MacTbone: Since the chinese rider got a +1 defense and a +1 move bonus i do suppose that the modern unit will get an equall percentage advantage as the ancient unis. Perhaps a +2 in all stats.
      Last edited by DonJoel; September 30, 2001, 12:53.
      If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
      And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Dienstag, just some nitpicking. The Babylonian and Egyptian UUs are named Bowmen and War Chariot, respectively.
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Originally posted by DonJoel
          The only thing that scares me is that we havent heard of any stealth fighter to replace the f-15, it was in civ2 but it doesnt mean its going to be in civ3.

Actually, if you look at the Modern Times science advisor, the Stealth technology does in fact show two air units associated with it. For my money, they will most certainly make the F15 obsolete.

The obligatory link:
          http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,454261-60,00.html
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks stuie, i hope you are right. Im not sure though, the planes shown were the F-117 and the B-2 spirit which both acts as bombers (even though the f-117 is called a fighter).
            If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
            And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

I'm actually thinking of playing the Americans but swapping the F-15 with Riders. In Civ 2, most of my wars were fought in the middle ages, and knights were my prime offensive and defensive weapon.

Or maybe I'll play the Chinese and switch them Industrious and Expansionist.

Either way, a super fighter in a game I'm already winning is far less useful to me than a super knight with a high defence and movement when I'm fighting most of my wars.

Of course, once I get the hang of it, I'll probably try every civilization at least once.

Comment

The beauty of it is that each and every person uses a different tactic. Therefore the CSUs won't be unbalancing, except to you. It'll all be a bit Post-Modernistic, really.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                X