release date and Civ of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• release date and Civ of the week

Listen, we've got eight civs of the week left, and sitting here in my tub it sure seems logical that they won't release the game until they've covered all the civs.

Why Firaxis? WHY MUST YOU TAUNT US SO? 2 Months!!!!
    I'm typing this from my bathtub. It helps support my girth.

It's always been assumed that release would before they've all been covered. Have to continue the marketing after the release date, ya know.

Chill Out, enjoy the anticipation, then enjoy the game.

OTH, I'm on a Mac -- I may have to wait a LOT longer.

Comment

Dan the man Magaha said they will still release civ of the week after Civ3's release.

IT IS COMMING OUT ON THE 30th. FIRAXIS TAKES MY THREAT SERIOUSLY.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

No, the game will not be released until the Trivia is over. Dan said something about half the questions were finished
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

IT IS COMMING OUT ON THE 30th. FIRAXIS TAKES MY WEIGHT SERIOUSLY.
          So true! We big guys got to stay together!
          I'm typing this from my bathtub. It helps support my girth.

Comment

Come on guys. You should know by now. Release dates are exactly deadlines, ya know. They're more like appetizers, or cliffhangers. Small tidbits of information to keep people interested untill the game suddenly ships within a few days after final testing is done.

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

To save yourself great frustration, just convince yourself that the release date will slip back to Febuary next year. This way if it is released next month or early November, you will be pleasantly suprised.

Last year, while waiting for the release of Black & White, I had to come to grips with the date slipping to the next year. And to pour salt in an already throbing wound, when febuary slowly came around, the date slipped yet again! After this experience, nothing can affect me.

Bkeela.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                To save yourself great frustration, just convince yourself that the release date will slip back to Febuary next year.
                Please! Don't even say that!
                If for some reason it does get pushed back until February, let's hope it's due to adding mutiplayer.
                Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

I recall a post from someone at Fraxis saying that in fact they would keep releasing "Civ of the Week" even after the game was out. They haven't moved it once yet, and they are getting kinda close, so I have faith. Its not like MGE were they moved it like twice a week. That was a huge pain in the arse.

Comment

Working...
                  X