16 civs + UN = ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 civs + UN = ???

Actually I had this concern with a 8 civ scenario, but what I was wondering is:

If a country builds the UN, and no other countries have 25% (or whatever percent it is) of land or population, can that country vote themselves U.N. leader and win the game? That just wouldn't seem right.

I'm sure that you cannot vote yourself world leader (or whatever) if you are the only member of the UN.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

IIRC, the diplomatic win in SMAC had several preconditions before it could even be used. I'm sure Civ3 will have the same sort of considerations involved.

And as I think about the diplomatic win, I'm sort of glad to hear that there is the option to play with all 16 civs. It always seemed like I ran out of opponents way too quickly to ever have much of a chance for that win to occur on any side.

Comment

population isn't the only way to get on to the un, i think holding a certain amount of land can get you on too

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          population isn't the only way to get on to the un, i think holding a certain amount of land can get you on too
          Wont that be hard to do, considering that there are 15 other civs out there sitting on land as well??
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe it'll be set up so that if no nation has at least 25%, then the top 4 or so civs + the UN owner will be on the council.
            Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Maybe allied nations could vote together? Doubt it, but it might work.
              To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

IIRC the 25% rule isn't fixed yet, FIRAXIS can still change it, maybe let it depend on the number of civs in the game, with 8 civs it's 25%, and with 16 it's 15%
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Actually, if it's 25% with 8 civs it should be 12.5% if you're playing with 16.

Regardless of the final numbers, I hope that the percentage is:

a) incremental based on number of Civs in the game and
                  b) easily changed in the editors.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Out of curiosity.....

If there are X number of civs on the council, what incentive is there for them to vote anyone world leader if it means that they would lose and the leader wins the game?

I presume there is a forced vote every-so-often but can someone explain how it is supposed to work in its entireity.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                      Out of curiosity.....

If there are X number of civs on the council, what incentive is there for them to vote anyone world leader if it means that they would lose and the leader wins the game?
                      basic survival instinct, vote for me or die
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

or maybe they can vote like they ally in civ2,You vote for yourself and all the AI vote for 1 oter AI=>AI wins you lose

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                          Actually, if it's 25% with 8 civs it should be 12.5% if you're playing with 16.

Regardless of the final numbers, I hope that the percentage is:

a) incremental based on number of Civs in the game and
                          b) easily changed in the editors.
                          agreed
                          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Didn't we conclude on another thread that:

1) All nations (or those that decide to be) are in the U.N. and
                            2) Only those nations which fulfill the land/pop requirements or built it can be elected, therefore
                            3) You must have the consent of a significant number of other civs to be elected?

Come on, Firaxis wouldn't make a slip-up as big as what you're proposing!
                            "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                            "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

i'm betting that one way or another you have to get probobly 50%-75% of the total population or landmass to support you
                              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X