Civ3 game year end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 game year end

What is the news on what year the game will end? 2100?

I haven't kept up on that info.

Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

I think that in today's ask the civ team they said the game will end in 2050, but you can keep playing without keeping score.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyller
        I think that in today's ask the civ team they said the game will end in 2050
        Thanx.

, but you can keep playing without keeping score.
        Typical of CIV.

Comment

The game itself will end 2020 AD (at least on high play-levels), but score-data can still be recorded upto 2050 AD. At least this is how I interpret it. The 4000 BC - 2020 AD time-span as been officially confirmed multiple times. Also they havent implemented any believable futuristic 2020-2050 AD technologies, have they? Anyway, you can keep on playing beyond 2020 AD, and without updated score-data beyond 2050 AD, as well.
          Last edited by Ralf; September 29, 2001, 02:05.

Comment

Sorry Ralf, but Im totally confused about what you said..

If the game ends, it means no more scores, thats the definition.

So how can the game end in 2020 and still be able to record score?
            If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
            And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Originally posted by DonJoel
              So how can the game end in 2020 and still be able to record score?
              Well, maybe we shouldnt hang up ourselfs on that backdrop timescale too much. Most civers vill complete their games way before game-year 2000 anyway. The important thing is that Civ-3 will not include any SciFi-style future-techs. Some futuristic beyond 2050 scenarios would be nice, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
                The game itself will end 2020 AD (at least on high play-levels)
                I've seen nothing that indicates the game will end earlier for different play levels (like it did in Civ2). The only end date they have provided is 2050AD.

I would hope that this indicates that they feel the AI is incrementally stronger at each level to the point that varying end dates are not necessary.

But we'll see in one month and one day.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                X