No announcement yet.

16 playable civs kept me from canceling my pre-order and getting EU2 instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 playable civs kept me from canceling my pre-order and getting EU2 instead

You know I feel you can only play I empire building game at a time and I was just getting ready to post on this board that I was canceling my Civ3 pre-order and pre-ordering Europa Universalis II instead. Then all the sudden I see thread that says 16 playable civs. So I cahnged my mind.

See, Firaxis? If you want to hold onto customers, keep pumping out the good news!
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Well with EU2 having about 140 nations and ending with the Napolionic era( Napoleon is my hero by the way); EU2 is extremely tempting. The good news needs to keep coming if they want to hold off EU2.

Obviously no matter which game I get at release. I will end up by bothing games at some point.

Comment

Re: 16 playable civs kept me from canceling my pre-order and getting EU2 instead

Originally posted by dennis580
        You know I feel you can only play I empire building game at a time
        Bullarky! I will be purchasing both, 'nuff said.
        I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

EU and EU2 are awesome. Way better than Civ2 and probably Civ3. With EU, you dont get the feeling that your moving units around just because they need to move. EU is also Real time, pure intensity! One minute your on the edge of your chair cheering your largest army in combat. The next you are crying becasue the general was slain and your troops are retreating in utter chaos

I will get Civ3 first. EU2 will come christman time.

Comment

Civ3? EU2?

I'll get both, thanx.

Comment

EU was great until I realized how utterly pathetic the AI was. It was a joke. I knew I would never lose a war because all I had to do was wait and eventually the AI would screw up.

I could have a war on two fronts, totally ignore one enemy and concentrate on the other, force a peace, and then take back all the territories that the other enemy took. It got so boring because I would never lose. I never finished a game because it was totally obvious by at least the 1700's who was going to win.

It was still a very addictive game and it was the first game I have played where allies are actually worth a damn, it just wasn't as good as Civ 2.
              I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

But did you play as any small nations?
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Well like I said I definately will buy both games at some point. he question is which game am I going to get at release.

Comment

GG, EU AI is far from weak. You must have

1)Been playing on weakling mode (AI rarely builds up troops or crosses borders)
                    2)Played as france..
                    3)Played as Russia

Comment

Working...
                    X