No announcement yet.

The Forbidden Palace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think you can rebuild your forbidden palace. Maybe you'll have to sell it first though or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      But hey Uber! If you don't want to use a feature, don't.
      and i'll make sure NO ONE ELSE BUILDS THEM. HAHAHAHAHHAHA
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I like the idea of a second palace. As a matter of fact, id have a palace in every city if i could!

What?? At least there'd be no corruption And i could travel my country in style
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

and i'll make sure NO ONE ELSE BUILDS THEM. HAHAHAHAHHAHA
          I don't doubt it!
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Does it have any adverse effects to move the palace to another city?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It costs money or shields and you lose the palace function in the old city?
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
                It costs money or shields and you lose the palace function in the old city?
                Doh. I was somewhat confused.

What I was trying to say is, if a palace isn't all that expensive to move, then the Fobidden Palace can't cost all that much...

I was hoping for a Great Wonder too, something like 1/3 distance for purposes of calculating corruption.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What I don't like about the Forbidden Palace is: first, the name "Forbidden City" has always been used exclusively to address the great palaces in Beijing, which makes Forbidden Palace confusing and also makes me wonder why it's not a unique wonder. Second, having six cities is enough to build the F P is just a bit too little. The weakest civ could easily have more than 6 cities and I find it an annoying idea for weak nations to be able to build the Forbidden Palace as the Forbidden City was the greatest group of palaces ever built in the world.

Comment

Yup. It should be called 'the Winter Palace' or 'the Summer Palace'. There have been plenty of them.

Or even just 'the Second Palace'.

Comment

Well...

If you want to make a case for "Forbidden Palace" as a minor wonder sounding too much like the Chinese "Forbidden City" then how about the Apollo Program or Pentagon? All of these (from what I understand) will be minor wonders based on the accomplishments or buildings from different cultures yet will be available to all.

Give it a rest, it's not that big a deal.

Comment

well I want mine to be a Hexagon. Is that too much to ask ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Zi 36
                          What I don't like about the Forbidden Palace is: first, the name "Forbidden City" has always been used exclusively to address the great palaces in Beijing, which makes Forbidden Palace confusing and also makes me wonder why it's not a unique wonder. Second, having six cities is enough to build the F P is just a bit too little. The weakest civ could easily have more than 6 cities and I find it an annoying idea for weak nations to be able to build the Forbidden Palace as the Forbidden City was the greatest group of palaces ever built in the world.
                          While having six cities is a required condition, doesn't mean it is also the right moment to build it.

You probably need the help of the second palace just when your empire is quite large and distribute over more than one continent (for the sake of discussion I assume Civ III having similar inefficience/corruption rules as SMAC about number of cities and distance from the capital).

About the name, I like it. It sounds exotic and great (and used for cities not only in China, but in Africa, Middle East and South American empire IIRC.

Of course you can probably rename it Camp David if you like it
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Doh. I was somewhat confused.

What I was trying to say is, if a palace isn't all that expensive to move, then the Fobidden Palace can't cost all that much...
                            AFAIK the problem now is about the loss of culture if you relocate your usual palace. You know, any building that add culture point supply them as long as it exist, with some multiplier during the years passed since its founding.

Yes, Forbidden Palace sounds good to me as a minor Wonder
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Sounds very cool to have two centres of administration from which you can decrease construction A successful thread by moi
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandous
                                If you want to make a case for "Forbidden Palace" as a minor wonder sounding too much like the Chinese "Forbidden City" then how about the Apollo Program or Pentagon? All of these (from what I understand) will be minor wonders based on the accomplishments or buildings from different cultures yet will be available to all.
                                Well, any civ can build a pentagon shaped building, there's no problem about that. My main concern is just that it seems too easy to build the "Forbidden Palace" (which immediately gives rise to the idea of the "Forbidden City" in your head). I would disagree on the Apollo program too if it is very easily achieved.

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
                                While having six cities is a required condition, doesn't mean it is also the right moment to build it.

You probably need the help of the second palace just when your empire is quite large and distribute over more than one continent (for the sake of discussion I assume Civ III having similar inefficience/corruption rules as SMAC about number of cities and distance from the capital).
                                Yea i know it's just a required condition doesn't mean it would be the right time to build it. But to me, 6 cities should NOT BE ENOUGH TO EVEN BE ABLE TO BUILD the forbidden palace/city watever it is.

(BTW, it seems a good idea to make the Forbidden City a unique wonder and art of war a minor. That way the Chinse don't have to be militaristic anymore.)

Comment

Working...
                                X