having trade routes cut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having trade routes cut off

If you have a strong trade relationship with a friend and then an enemy comes and cuts off your connection to your friend, thus breaking off the trade agreements, will the friend get pissed off at you for breaking off the agreement or will they know why it got cut off?

I really hope Firaxis has these little minute scenarios in mind..

I do have another question concerning trade routes cut off. As we know we can cut off trade routes by destroying roads, so that a city is not longer linked with the capital city. But you can also trade via harbors or airports, what must I do to blockade these trade routes. Trade embargo? Any ideas??

Comment

Maybe you could use the diplomacy screen to destroy their airport.

Comment

SABOTAGE
        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Airports are tough to blockade, but I would hope that if you surrounded the adjacent water tiles of a city with a harbor with warships, that city would not have access to resources via the sea.

Comment

Thx for your ideas. Sabotage is a possible solution. The modern ships with the distant attacks can also cut off the trade routes.

Comment

There are smart bombs that can target specific city improvements, so theoretically we could stop an entire nations trade with one bomb by destroying their palace! Since all trade is conducted through the capital, by making them not have a capital, they cant trade no matter how good their road/sea/air trade network is.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

good question, but i dont know the answer...
                i hope the AI is good, and understands things like this.

Comment

Hmm, yes- a very good question.

Probably will be answered in the final release. But I can't imagine this possibility would be overlooked by the Firaxis team.

Comment

Working...
                  X