New Dan Magaha quotes from Civfanatics.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dan Magaha quotes from Civfanatics.com

In a thread that was mostly bashing the Jaguar Warrior, our beloved Dan makes a few new comments about the battle system and about the Aztec Warrior

---------------------

Actually, the Jaguar is a really useful unit, and the Aztecs are almost always still around in games I play, well into the middle ages. Movement actually impacts combat in Civ III, so the movement bonus is more useful than you would think. And, while you're busy scrounging food to generate another pop point so you can build a worker, the Aztecs are Golden Aging and cranking out more and more Jags. They can actually be a very formidable civ, but then again, no one ever gives the Aztecs any respect anyway...

Dan
    Firaxis Games, Inc.

Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
    Firaxian

Originally posted by Thunderfall

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I still think the Jaguar Warrior is pretty useless. In Civ2 I don't even dare to use a warrior to attack other warrior. There is no way a warrior can defeat another warrior fortified in the city.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not true. I've seen Jaguar Warriors take out a fortified spearman in a city. Granted, it took more than one JW to do it...but the movement bonus keeps them from dying as quickly, which means faster combat promotion...
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Sorry, this was already said in the many Jaguar Warrior threads.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

sounds like he's getting down on us for berating the JW but all we were doing was forming an opinion on what we know-civ2

maybe if they would have told us the importance of movement beforhand-actually share with us before we did the inevitable and critisize what seemed like a poor unit-we wouldn't have upset him
      Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

But by the legendary Dan himself?
        Moreover, Dan goes into slightly greater detail on some of the finer nuances of movement bonuses and jaguar warriors and such
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X