1: Y
    2: Great Wonder
    3: Y
    4: Elite status is lost
    Thanx Soren! Your a cool guy!
    My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
    My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Great! The Civ-2 version of Leonardos Workshop was really overpowerful, to say the least. This time around, it seems far better balanced. Very worthwhile to get, but still; if you dont get it you have not lost out completely, as in Civ-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis
        I have seen some confusion on this point, so I just wanted to clarify that units CAN be upgraded in Civ3.
        Another great SMAC feature incorporated!
        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

excellent. what about the naming of units/armies??

Comment

I think it would be nice to see how many units destroyed, or battles won, for each of your units in total.
            This and other statistics could be shown, as well as the units age.
            Units should also advance determined on the power of their enemy which they defeated, becoming veteran/elite less often.

Comment

In Civ2 disbanding a unit would recover 1/2 the production shields used to build it. Now, Soren says that with Leonardo's you get to upgrade for 1/2 the cost (in a city).

Therefore, either disbanding doesn't recover the 1/2 production anymore or Leonardo's is really useful when the unit you are upgrading to costs a LOT more than the unit you are upgrading from.

Comment

yo, can someone ask the Civ team if the ability to name a unit is in the game.
                ==========================
                www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

This was information that I already new. You apolytoners have short memories. We learned about this like 2 months ago.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
                    This was information that I already new. You apolytoners have short memories. We learned about this like 2 months ago.
                    A link to that 2 month old info would sure help. Anyway, did you read Soren Johnsons follow-up reply?

Regardless: this info seems to have eluded the attention of the extensive Civilization Fanatics Infocenter, so I guess it wasnt known by all.

Comment

I am really happy that upgrading is in.
                      And I like the idea that upgrading is only possible in cities, IMHO this is good for game-balance

Comment

Ah, shoot. And I liked disbanding so much... Oh well. It'll do. At least it's in cities, and at least veteran status is lost, and at least LW isn't as cheap... Actually, it's almost what I wanted!

Naming? Maybe, although fat chance of getting it in now.
                        Lime roots and treachery!
                        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

If this feature is implemented, Medals will be shown on another screen... if they are shown then there should be different types of medals, 1 for the ancient age, 1 for the medieval, etc.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
                            ummm.... no... how come this was a news item...

*sam realizes that actually, everything is a news item these days, so his argument says nothing*
                            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius
                              I would LOVE to be able to name my units. It gives you a sense of attachment to them.
                              Hope this doesn't make you too conservative ("I'd like to take out Rome, but I just can't risk my precious 'LoneRanger' horsemen!)

Comment

Originally posted by RobC
                                Hope this doesn't make you too conservative ("I'd like to take out Rome, but I just can't risk my precious 'LoneRanger' horsemen!)
                                That CAN be a problem, giving you a tendency to be overprotective of your favorites. I used to get really ticked in Panzar General when I would lose an old established veteran.

But hey, its a personal problem, and one I can live with. Not everyone will react that same way. I'd still like to have name-able units despite this.
                                Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Working...
                                X