Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_dudy

yeah, if you've got some weird feelings about ghandi, that is

I never had Civ. I guess, if they are adding all of these things they took out, CivIII is going to look nice! Just hope the AI puts up a fight before I mash it into the ground.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Yeah, i miss those infantry marching thru the city streets. That was one animation/cutseen thing i never skipped

Id love to have it back in
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

More eye candy? That should be easy enough.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Even with all of civ2's enhancements it was a bit disappointing that some neat little features were took out.

Heralds just weren't the same as the animated faces - it took out the personality of the leaders of the opposing civ.

The replay's coming back and hopefully they'll use civ1's and add more stuff onto that rather than the crappy "replay" that they put in SMAC.

I'd be nice too if some type of sound is played when you discover a new advance, like civ 1.

Does anyone know whether there will be a "palace" or "throne room"?

I'm not really bothered that wonder movies are out since I never used to watch them anyway.

Comment

Yes, there is a big ol' palace a la civ1. Looks mighty impressive. I'll see if I can find a screenshot.

Comment

Ok, heres a shot of the Palace which shows the different architectural styles that can be built.

Comment

The replays been put back in and is improved. If you search www.civ3.com you might find a screenshot of it. It doesn't look as bad as it did in SMAC.

Comment

In Civ 2, they used the same sound for taking over a city as for building a barracks, so it scared the sh!t out of me whenever I built a barracks, until I realized what was going on.
                  "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                  "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I ALREADY POSTED A THREAD REQUESTING THIS!

But anyways, I'm all for it! I loved watching my riflemen march into conquered cities.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There also used to be an animation when there was a we love the king day. There were people dancing

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Yeah, i miss those infantry marching thru the city streets. That was one animation/cutseen thing i never skipped

Id love to have it back in
                        Me, too. And I´d also like to have the comical advisors behind the leader in the Diplo screen.
                        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo
                          Similarly, I think they should add an animation for conquer a civ like in SMAC. Just picture it, you can tie up Ghandi and whip him until you are happy. : )
                          Well, if it makes you happy, heres a picture of a beaten and bruised Gandhi (as well as Joan of arc), on the defeat screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            More eye candy? That should be easy enough.
                            lol good call... if its animations.. you bet its in...
                            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
                            X