Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March of troops in captured city.

Hi.
    Will be included the mighty march of troops when other civ, or yourself captured a city, like in CIV I?
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Dunno. I hope so, I really liked that feature in civ1

Comment

Double post.
      CSPA

Comment

Hope so. Hopefully there will be an animation of the destruction of cities too.
        CSPA

Comment

That would be cool. It was an anti-climax just walking into the city in Civ2 with no fanfare.

Comment

hrm. i seem to have forgotten this about civ 1.

i feel ashamed.

please describe it for me
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

It's when yoiu take over a city your all your troops used to march into the city and a cool little fanfare would play.

Comment

Wasn't there also an animation for riots, with villagers marching around with pitchforks and torches?

Comment

Yeah, that was great. In Civ2 when you took a city, you got a little pop-up window with a still photo of troops, and the marching sound....

In Civ1, you got a cartoon animation of the troops marching in the gates of the city.

Another nice feature from Civ1 that they seem to be bringing back is the leader facial animations. Seeing Stalin or whoever grinning his silly smile, or frowning with disapproval, during our negotiations was a hoot. Firaxis seems to put the fun stuff back in. The troop video or animation may be a bit distracting though. OTOH... since warfare and city conquest probably will be less frequent due to the changes in Civ3, some animation might be worth it....
                  Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

That was a feature I really liked in Civ I especially how the soldiers changed in time. It gave you that feeling of becoming more advance all the time.
                    You make me nostalgic I don't think that anim is in CivNet, I do at least not remember.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Wasn't there also an animation for riots, with villagers marching around with pitchforks and torches?

Yes there was. I missed that feature in Civ2. I hope it is included in Civ3. We'll see I guess in another 20 days.
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Similarly, I think they should add an animation for conquer a civ like in SMAC. Just picture it, you can tie up Ghandi and whip him until you are happy. : )
                        Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo
                          Similarly, I think they should add an animation for conquer a civ like in SMAC. Just picture it, you can tie up Ghandi and whip him until you are happy. : )
                          yeah, if you've got some weird feelings about ghandi, that is
                          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo
                            no, we shuld not do that, because Gandhi is a real person in history. gotta have some respect for him.
                            ==========================
                            www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

thatd be cool it was always oh you took over a city in civ2..

if we had this it would be

yay, i took over a city

Comment

Working...
                              X