No announcement yet.

Naming your own troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a conceptually simple way (programming difficulty unknown) would be to add an "Upgrade" city build option that bascially does what Leonardo's Workshop does - except it upgrades one unit at a time within the city.

Comment

I would LOVE to be able to name my units. It gives you a sense of attachment to them. In Games where this was possible (Empire, for instance), I used to include the year of creation in the name. Then you had a sense of how old and accomplished the unit was.

If a unit is victorious at a key battle, you could re-name it to reflect that (eg Heroes of Austerlitz).

Anyway, hope someone is listening. Maybe we'll see it in Civ IV.
      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I would like to be able to name my units, I think would add depth to the game. Though I think it would only really work on Naval units as they have names in real life?
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

huh ? You've never heard of the US 82nd All Americans, the US 10st Screaming Eagles, the British "Royal Green Jackets" light infantry, the British Coldstream Guards, the French Foreign Legion ? I mean, the first cavemen probably had a mob called "Ugg's Boyz" or something

Comment

Naming does personalize the game and it helps with cordination. In the game 1602 (anyone else ever play it?) I prefered 80's Hair Metal Bands and I'd love that for armies (1st Iron Maiden bombards City X, or Motley Crue paradrops into X)

Unit upgrades would be great. I was oping the tech tree wold do that. intstead of Future Tech 1. You'd have future Inf Tech that would increase some ability like attack by +1. Almost like Age of Kings with attack and armor upgrades. THat way the tech could go on and on or you have various degress of quality.

Comment

Working...
            X