Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Emigration/Refugees

Originally posted by Iceius

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    if you're going to quote Homer J. Simpson give him the creit
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Emigration/Refugees

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
      I think Civ games need these issues addressed. America is a nation of immigrants and it didn't follow the civ's food growth = population growth model. Well, no one followed that model, but that's a different thread.

I think when large cities are being attacked, people should flee in the form of refugee units that are AI controlled. These units would be a different, reserved color, and would flock to the nearest safe city. This unit type could also be an "emigrant" unit, where if your people are unhappy, starving, or suffering from disease, they would flee the country and go to a nation that accepts immigrants.
      Hmmmmm

They have to think about balance as well as realism.

Think about it - you can make an enemy lose population by just attacking their city whether you win or not. Does that sound like something which can be exploited to you?
      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Re: Re: Emigration/Refugees

Originally posted by Faboba

Hmmmmm

They have to think about balance as well as realism.

Think about it - you can make an enemy lose population by just attacking their city whether you win or not. Does that sound like something which can be exploited to you?
        It just means that you can't be lazy and leave 2 phalanx in a city when there are enemy armies nearby. Most of Civ combat is done army vs city, where in the real world, most battles are out on a front. As with any type of change like this, there are going to be changes in strategies that you need to think about.

'If I lose some population if an enemy attacks my city, then I should defend the area outside the city so the people would be safe'

Wow what an idea!

Rome never even had troops inside the city, defending it. And it stood the test of time (no pun intended). Present day American cities don't have troops quartered in them. It's more a question of gameplay preference. I prefer more strategy. Troops inside the city should cause unhappiness, not prevent it.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
        X