System requirements etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System requirements etc.

My computer is a "ADM-6K 300 MHz" is it then slower or faster than "Pentium II 300 Mhz", does anybody knows about that?
    Thanks to you all for a great Civ Forum.

"Beware of the English Empire; the English people are going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III"
    "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
    going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

If you have 128 MB of RAM, I guess it will run smoothly, and don't fortget a graphics card with at least 8MB of ram... If you dont have it but it for your equivalent of 15£
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

AMD chips are comparable to Pentiums, but not quite as good. They are pretty close, though (I've heard that AMD chips run about 95% as well as Pentiums) so, IMO, you shouldn't have any worries. It will run slowly though, being at the low end of the system requirements.

I have a Celeron 300A chip that I used to run at 450 MHz. It's reliable (I ran it at 450 for over a year without any problems.) Anyone willing to pay me $5 for shipping and handling can have it. But you have to compose a poem in order for me to consider giving it to you. The poem I like the best gets the chip.

Amuse me, dammit.

Comment

That's AMD "K6."

K6 is AMD's equivalent of Pentium, K6-2/K6-3 Pentium II, and Athlon (K7) Pentium III.

AMD processors tend to have better performance than their Intel counterparts of the same clock speed.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Actually, K6 is not as fast/good as the Intel ones from the same time(only a little difference, though). But Athlon and newer processors are cheaper AND a little bit faster than the Intel processors on the same clock speed!
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

"Minimum" requirements are exactly that...MINIMUM. You try running any game these days on, slightly below or even slightly above the minimum requirements and you will not have a pleasant gaming experience.

Comment

Hmmm all these people complaining about having to 'possibly' pay for a multiplayer add-on, on top of the cost for the original CIV III game should spare a thought for those civ fanatics that have got some serious upgrading to do!

I think my copy of CIV III will cost around £250

The things we do for our little addictions
              tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

I guess my Celeron 366 - 128mb, 32video should just about do it
                To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I guess my Celeron 366 - 128mb, 32video should just about do it
                  In that case with my AMD K2 380 - 128mb, 32mb Geforce 2MX
                  ....... I'm alright Jack!
                  tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

My *older* computer is a P2 450 with 128 RAM and I am annoyed at its performance with the more recent games of the last *few* years. Most of them will send the hard drive thrashing after half an hour or so of play. Although this problem could probably easily be solved by adding more memory.

I either feel bad for those of you with the slower computers or admire your patience.

Comment

8mb graphics card?

How do i check for that

I figure I have enough...Considering I play games like AvP and Europa Universalis.

My system can most likely handle it

Comment

All I know is...

I have an AMD 400 Mhz, 128MB RAM, and a 16MB graphics card. I am planning on doubling the RAM anyway, so hopefully I will be cool.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                        X