No announcement yet.

Discriminative cost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the method employed in CtP and I liked it.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The reserve troops option could work, but it could get tricky...can units be brought out of reserve instantly? Would you pay extra that turn since they're not fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
        That was the method employed in CtP and I liked it.
        Yes, executed differently, but similar effect, I suppose.
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Triped
          The reserve troops option could work, but it could get tricky...can units be brought out of reserve instantly? Would you pay extra that turn since they're not fighting?
          It would take a few turns, 5-10, and you'd start paying full when you give the order to activate them. So, in a sense you pay, but no "initiation fee".

Comment

That could work...I think that reserve troops should be allowed to fight as they are, though, and at some sort of penalty, obviously.

Comment

I dunno. IRL, reserve troops are at home, eating with their families, bowling, working, whatever. If some units became available faster (riflemen faster than destroyers), it could give you time to defend yourself until the rest is ready.

Comment

Well, if you're going to go off of realism, the length of time a turn represents should be plenty to get them out of their houses and off to war.

Comment

It would allow for the unique US unit minutemen. A standard rifleman unit that acts at full strength but costs as if it were a reserve.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I agree with Big Crunch. Maintanence cost should be proportional to build cost.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                    X