Concentration Camps: Good Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentration Camps: Good Idea?

Well my answer is 1. See the genocide thread for more details on its implementation.
    No, I don't think I even need to justify my answer.
    46.00%
    Yes, they are a realistic part of civilization and should be included.
    32.00%
    I don't object morally, but it's just not really a good idea.
    22.00%

How about a "No, and I CAN justify my answer"?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Of course, I forgot to mention that all comments are welcome.

Comment

Gee Pembleton, a thread to try and prove me wrong. How mature of you

MarkG, since there is a thread on this, shouldn't this one be closed?

Comment

Actually, my faith in the moral fiber of the forumers in this group is shaken, and I am really curious to see how the poll will turn out since you did get a lot more people to support your idea of genocide in your thread than I thought you would. I'm worried that more people will support it, and not confident at all that more people will agree with me.

Comment

Most civ players have (at one time or another) starved a city in an attempt to get rid of it. How is this worse? Are you forgetting that IT ISN'T REAL?

Comment

Oh, you're right, I didn't realize that it was only a game and that it wasn't real. How silly of me.

Comment

I think it just adds one more detail that would lengthen the development time and possibly disrupt the game.

Of course, if they made it easier to starve people out of their cities, that would add a whole new facet to the strategic framework.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
                  Oh, you're right, I didn't realize that it was only a game and that it wasn't real. How silly of me.
                  Why are you making such a big deal over it? Have you ever starved a city to get rid of it (by shrinking it down to size 1 then building a settler)?

It's like not implementing Fascsim in the game - yes it sucked and we hate it, but it still existed.

Comment

Actually I like the idea of a concentration camp/Gulags. It should be a city improvement...

It would have an effect like this, -20% dissent/discontent (Rounding up political prisoners so they dont cause trouble..only availble under Communist Regime)

Sounds like a pretty damn good idea

Comment

Wow! Saddam and I actually agree over sometihng!

*faints*

Comment

Uh oh, better not tell him about nerve-stapling in SMAC...
                        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                        New faces...Strange places,
                        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

genocide is a big part of history and shuld be included.

but concentration camps?

Rome: Building Concentration Camp. 5 Turns till completion.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

How about this:

When you capture a city you have the option of turning some, or all, of the city's population points into slave labour units (same as workers, except they cost nothing).
                            CSPA

Comment

I dont think the idea of Slaves is a good one

Activision got tons of flak for the Slaver unit

But the Gulag is a good idea

Comment

Working...
                              X