No announcement yet.

New PC Gamer UK preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also remember that the spy and diplomat have gone the way of the caravan. They are now a menu option thingy, not an actual unit. So you cant really compare this feature to Civ 2
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock

of course theres a defence. kill that unit
      no, really?

i mean missile defenses for cruise missiles. and i hope they're good, like a really good one is expensive to build but pretty effective
      Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Well, in that case, I'm sure there is absolutely no defense for missiles, which makes a giant hole in the game, so it shouldn't be released until the after the fifth coming of christ is well past finished.
        Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Well, in that case, I'm sure there is absolutely no defense for missiles, which makes a giant hole in the game, so it shouldn't be released until the after the fifth coming of christ is well past finished.
          LOL!!!!

This one goes in my quote document!

Hmmm, I wonder if I could make this an automatic response for whenever someone says that the deadline is making Firaxis "rush Civ3"? Just take out the beginning and it fits all circumstances!
          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
          New faces...Strange places,
          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

FIRST TO LAUNCH THE SPACESHIP!?!?!?!?!

:
            Last edited by MarkG; September 23, 2001, 04:32.
            be free

Comment

Spaceship: The winner is the first to launch the ship, not land it.

If this is true, i wonder how easy it would be to change it? I don't like this at all. . this cuts alot of strategy out, especially for peaceful games. Before, you had to make the choice of a small fast ship, a big slow ship. . you had to decide how to make the ship based on how fast you needed it to get there, and how much production capabilities you had, etc. .

now, there's no tough choices involved. simply build the smallest ship possible, game over. blah

hopefully, that isn't true, and if it is, i'd suggest changing it, if at all possible.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Actually...

The spaceship, from what I have seen on the tech tree and the one screenshot of the SS screen, now consists of about 13 different parts, all of which must be built to launch it. That way it doesn't matter how long it would have taken, as there is no such thing as a small or large SS, they are all identical, it is the first to finish that wins!
                ---Signature under Beta testing---

Comment

No its BULLSH!T

america and russia could build the rockets, but they couldn't land on the moon.

it was the race to the moon, not to build the rocket!
                  Last edited by MarkG; September 23, 2001, 04:31.
                  be free

Comment

Anyone else feels like this Sn00py fella should be banned from this forum?

To Sn00py: What about finding out the facts of the matter before starting to ? And what about using a language instead of insulting people?

-- Roland

Comment

snoopy, the next time i see a similar post from you, you'll find yourself banned from these forums
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Actually...

Originally posted by Chris_Nightwing
                        The spaceship, from what I have seen on the tech tree and the one screenshot of the SS screen, now consists of about 13 different parts, all of which must be built to launch it. That way it doesn't matter how long it would have taken, as there is no such thing as a small or large SS, they are all identical, it is the first to finish that wins!
                        If thats right, then this is a good thing No more Bablyonians building a small tin that isnt even space-worthy, thereby winning even tho only 5% of them even survive the trip there...
                        Not that im bitter
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Actually...

Originally posted by Chris_Nightwing
                          But that takes ship construction away. All spaceships are now the same.
                          And I thought ship construction would become more interesting with more different parts and such, something like a 'spaceship workshop'.
                          Instead, it´s gone, gone, gone.
                          Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I never understood why my spaceship should be forced to return because another civ captured my capital. At least that´s gone, too ...
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

That sucks! First one to launch the spaceship wins? It should be land!

Thats a big error. In civ2 you could build a better ship after someones and land it first. Thats the way it should be.

If this is the way it is going to be I'm disabling spaceships every game..

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                                I never understood why my spaceship should be forced to return because another civ captured my capital. At least that´s gone, too ...
                                I never understood in Civ 2 how my spaceship even could return once it had been launched... considering it's an interstellar spaceship travelling at a significant portion of the speed of light, you just don't have the extra fuel needed to decelerate and turn back once you're travelled far enough - and you most certainly wouldn't even consider trying it I agree there needed to be a way of preventing a civilization from winning after its spaceship had been launched, but the explanation was somewhat ridiculous. So I guess it is better just to have the first civ to complete a spaceship to win the game.

I wonder, though, how the Civ 3 plot in this case fits in with the Alpha Centauri one, since there you had a United Nations spaceship instead of national spaceships - but then again, SMAC had Earth more or less destroyed in nuclear war as well, and I don't think that will be a required outcome in Civ 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X