Transporting missles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting missles

It's totally rediculous that you can fly your nukes from city to city without putting them on some bombers or truck. I mean, how the heck did you manage to fire the nuke at a friendly city, and have the nuke land safely without harming anyone (including itself)??????
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

I guess the airlift is kind of implied. Since it's really only a single missile, the transportation could easily be in teh background.

Gary

Comment

They train these guys for years to fly nukes around the country, and land them on their tails. Very difficult
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I totally agree with you! And this airlift thingy... Scott me up, Beamy, more like. Why don't they call them teleporter? This is truly outragious!
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Can't say I agree with you.

It's hard enough to micromanage all the cities and the number of units as is, without adding more transport units. Granted, if they were mobile launchers like the Scud then adding a new unit would certainly be justified.

I don't see how it is so difficult to deal with two cities connected by road - it goes by truck.

and so on for cities connected by rail, harbour or airport (though there might be a case that these things aren't exactly carried on domestic passenger flights - military airbases anyone? we had (in civ2) barracks and port facilities, how about military airbase?

Given the new system of "missions" for air units and their limited "operation area", couldn't you make missile transport a new mission.

Comment

Originally posted by UKScud
            Can't say I agree with you.
            Given the new system of "missions" for air units and their limited "operation area", couldn't you make missile transport a new mission.
            What? Tell me something I don't know

BTW, I was being sarcastic above. I disagree with Dida.
            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

They should have nuclear bomber aircraft as the first nuke capable unit, which only drop the nuke bomb if they succeed in a ordinary combat and get past the defending units air defences.
              Hopefully nuke unit abilities will be more editable in civ3.

It would be nice to see mobile nuclear ICBM trucks to launch these things

How about a nuclear disarmament diplomatic/wonder too?
              Thereafter if you build a nuke your opinion rating goes down with the countries in the treaty you signed(eg the US gets angry over Russia if it builds nukes after siging a treaty)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
                They should have nuclear bomber aircraft as the first nuke capable unit, which only drop the nuke bomb if they succeed in a ordinary combat and get past the defending units air defences.
                Hopefully nuke unit abilities will be more editable in civ3.

It would be nice to see mobile nuclear ICBM trucks to launch these things

How about a nuclear disarmament diplomatic/wonder too?
                Thereafter if you build a nuke your opinion rating goes down with the countries in the treaty you signed(eg the US gets angry over Russia if it builds nukes after siging a treaty)
                I agree, we should have Nuclear Missile Silo, which is installed on the ground and cannot be moved, and Mobile Missile launching (whatever) truck to mobilly launch the missile.
                ==========================
                www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Re: Transporting missles

Originally posted by Dida
                  It's totally rediculous that you can fly your nukes from city to city without putting them on some bombers or truck. I mean, how the heck did you manage to fire the nuke at a friendly city, and have the nuke land safely without harming anyone (including itself)??????
                  very large cushions.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

i think you won't have these problems with civ 3. there are icbms and tactical sub-launched nukes. what else do you want?
                    Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

you lot are masacists.
                      I WANT THESE NUKES
                      I WANT A NUKE TO DESTOY THE WORLD

think of the pollution!
                      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

when i nuke an enemy, i expect them to clean it up.

after all, THEY BROUGHT ME TO USING NUCLEAR WEAPONS TO SAVE (insert civ name) LIVES.

if they dont, i destory them and finish the job myslef.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

pollution can kiss my radiation-filled ass. the pollution isn't that bad. the final solution of killing off all those people is more important than any so-called environment.

Comment

what about civ score...
                            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

what about civ score? who cares what the civ score is if their civ is dead? if they die, you win. Its how the world has always functioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X