replay screen: no "record" button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replay screen: no "record" button?

the buttons for backwards, stop, etc are really cool, but there is no "record" button....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, there should be a way to save the replay as a file. Mark has a point. I often saved my Civ I replays in the beginning, and printed them to see what I did wrong.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Ok, the thought that springs straight to mind is that if the replay is made from a datafile, making a simple read application would be easy?

Then if you want to show anyone your history all you need is to send the datafile.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

At least it covers my greatest worry. In SMAC, the replay feature went by too quickly. You just couldn't keep up with it, in 5 seconds the replay would show hundreds of turns of action, and then be over before i had the chance to read anything. Better than Civ 2's replay, admittedly . But with this 'play button' stuff, it even prevents the infinte 'press spacebar' syndrome from Civ 1 as well. So a big

But yes, i would like to save my replays as well (it might still be an option, like when you close the replay it could ask if you want to save....
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            (it might still be an option, like when you close the replay it could ask if you want to save....

of courser, where else would it be?
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

looks to me like when you select the city out of the list it is pointed too on the map.

i think you should also be able to see its growth and in size and culture when you click on itand have it zoom in on the city as it progresses in fast forward..

Comment

I know its not the best way, but in many cases you can probably save your game before finishing, and therefore load up that game and watch the replay whenever you want.

Comment

But a record button would fit, and it would be cool graphics.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

if we could have a small(=easilly shared on the net) "replay file" it would be really coooool, especially for..... mp games
                    Last edited by MarkG; September 22, 2001, 01:07.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      the buttons for backwards, stop, etc are really cool, but there is no "record" button....
                      Some civers brags unbearably about how easily fast they can ICS-expand and/or conquer the the world. A recorded file as proof would once and for all settle the difference between truth and bull****.

Also, such a rec-feature would give those players who cant (for some reason or another) play MP-games, a change to relate their own skills with other civ-veterans. Downloadable MP summary-replays would be a nice subsitute.

Finally, notice the "view history by..." dropdown-menu, with several options, no doubt; Score power, military power, economical power, cultural power and so on. At least I hope so. This is an upgrade compared with Civ-1, where one only could view military landgrabbing achievements.
                      Last edited by Ralf; September 22, 2001, 04:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        But yes, i would like to save my replays as well (it might still be an option, like when you close the replay it could ask if you want to save....
                        Originally posted by dainbramaged13
                        of courser, where else would it be?
                        I sure hope you guys are right, for reasons I mentioned in my previous reply. Hopefully a Firaxian comments this.
                        Last edited by Ralf; September 22, 2001, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
                          I sure hope you guys are right, for reasons I mentioned in my previous reply. Hopefully Dan Magaha comments this.
                          Sorry for this bump-reply, but it would be nice to know for sure about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf

Sorry for this bump-reply, but it would be nice to know for sure about this one.
                            really ralf, i think its safe to assume that you can save your replays. theres no reason that you shouldn't be able to. could you do it in civ1? anyway, saved game files arnt that large. you could just transport them. yes, i know it would be a tiny bit more of a small hassle, and yes, i know that firaxis could probably do it very easily, but you guys have to stop being so critical of them.
                            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

i'll see what i can do when i get civ3.

my knowledge of C and VB could be of smoe use here.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X