Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan, why do the new screens appear last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan, why do the new screens appear last?

You should invert the list to have the newest show up first.

For Apolytoners that want to came directly to the new screens I provide this link
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

I considered that, but when Civ newbies come to the site, the screenshots make more sense when viewed in the admittedly loose order they're already in. The direct link on the front page "latest updates" area takes you directly to the new images.

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

But then there should be different dates on the different screens. Now a Civ newbie will think that all screens were added today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        But then there should be different dates on the different screens. Now a Civ newbie will think that all screens were added today.
        Nah, he admitted on the front update thingy that there were NINE new screenshots
        (his capital letters btw, not mine )
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Nah, he admitted on the front update thingy that there were NINE new screenshots
          (his capital letters btw, not mine )
          He thinks that all civ newbies can count to nine

I still think that there should be a title over each screen or be different pages (as ask the civ team and developer update)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS I considered that, but when Civ newbies come to the site, the screenshots make more sense when viewed in the admittedly loose order they're already in. The direct link on the front page "latest updates" area takes you directly to the new images.
            Dan
            You assumed just right Dan. Thanks for the pics btw.

Comment

I don't have a 21" monitor. How can I resize the new screenshots so I can see the whole picture? (am using IE 5)

Comment

Originally posted by Dugrik
                I don't have a 21" monitor. How can I resize the new screenshots so I can see the whole picture? (am using IE 5)
                What is your resolution?

Comment

Sorry wrong thread.
                  If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
                  And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Thanks Gramphos, it was 800x600. I changed it to 1024x768 and could see the whole picture, although everything was tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugrik
                      Thanks Gramphos, it was 800x600. I changed it to 1024x768 and could see the whole picture, although everything was tiny.
                      The screens are 800x600, and if you want to see them with that resolution you have to save them to the HD and open them with an application that can view images full screen.

Comment

civ newbies should die.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I never thought there would be so many responses to such an insignificant topic. And everyone was once a Civ newbie, even you. I wasn't quite sure if you were joking or not with that comment.

Comment

no. i was born into civ.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Have fun leading a very lonely life. . . Born by the civ - die by the civ. I can imagine you dying of dehydration after a 36 hour civ binge, crawling to the sink, desperately gasping for life. . .

He may be a civ newbie (which I actually doubt) but at least he is not a LIFE newbie.
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                              X