Interface Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface Change?

Whoa? Did I miss something, or has the interface changed on these views of the continents? Up in the top left corner, on the borders of the small map in the bottom left, and the unit info on the bottom right, the buttons are different? What are they? Are there different views of the gameplay screens?
    Question Authority.......with mime...

The earlier buttons were placement art. The buttons at the top are the Prefs, Civilopedia, and Advisors buttons, respectively.

As far as the status panel in the lower right, the previous interface had icons for diplomacy and espionage, but we wanted to add the histograph/score screen, the palace screen, and the spaceship screen to those, so that's what you have now.

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

The new look mush better for the Firaxis artists.
      (Dan, make sure they get it)

Oh, and Mark didn't make a news item of the promised screens.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Wow, thanks, it looks great.

So.... the D,E,P,H on the lower right is diplomacy, espionage, ? and histograph? What about the G on the map window in the lower left?

...oh, and what do you mean by Prefs?

Thanks again.

Comment

The P is for palace, and I think that an S for spaceship will appear under those.

Comment

Originally posted by wotan321
            Wow, thanks, it looks great.

So.... the D,E,P,H on the lower right is diplomacy, espionage, ? and histograph? What about the G on the map window in the lower left?

...oh, and what do you mean by Prefs?

Thanks again.
            The "G" toggles the minimap between showing geography or territory. Prefs = preferences: quit game, audio settings, etc.

Dan
            Dan Magaha
            Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

You didn't say no to the espionage. Is espionage a new large game concept? Has espionage been removed from the unit level of diplomat/spy units and placed onto advisor level? Is espionage controlled at more of a macro level now?

Comment

Thanks Dan.

The game is looking great, as is the website.

okay, since I'm here, I'll ask.... are the maps we recently received large, small, or what..... comparitively speaking.....?

Thanks again for the info you provide.

Comment

Originally posted by wotan321
                  Thanks Dan.

The game is looking great, as is the website.

okay, since I'm here, I'll ask.... are the maps we recently received large, small, or what..... comparitively speaking.....?

Thanks again for the info you provide.
                  Those were on a large map (140 x 140), standard is 100 x 100, and you can go up to 256 x 256.

Dan
                  Dan Magaha
                  Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                    Those were on a large map (140 x 140), standard is 100 x 100, and you can go up to 256 x 256.

Dan
                    How big will a 256 x 256-mapfile be and how mush may it be compressed using zip?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

256 x 256 ?!?!? Boy, if someone would design a world map at that scale, you would have alot of civs REALLY growing in isolation (or there would have to be alot of ocean tiles).

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Dan
                        I´m sure this is going to be a news item soon.
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Come on Dan, just say yes or no to whether the E stands for espionage. Beyond that, I'll wait till the next Ask-the-Team or Development update for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                            Come on Dan, just say yes or no to whether the E stands for espionage. Beyond that, I'll wait till the next Ask-the-Team or Development update for more info.
                            Sorry, I thought that was clear in my earlier response, the "E" does indeed stand for espionage. And you might as well know that Diplomats and Spies have gone the way of the caravan as well; this is all abstracted to advisor screens and game interfaces.

Dan
                            Dan Magaha
                            Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

How big will a 256 x 256-mapfile be and how mush may it be compressed using zip?
                              When you make a map of that size in the editor, it saves out at about 940Kb, but a lot of that is uncompressed "air" from blank data structures. On maximum zip I compressed it down to about 63Kb.

Dan
                              Dan Magaha
                              Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X