Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

somebody please answer this question (not MP related!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody please answer this question (not MP related!)

I cant get 1024x768

Will 800x600 or 600x800 ?

Please help me.....

Thanks in advance!

you can only use 1024x768

600x800, I don't think you can get that resolution, unless you have some kind of unique monitor?
    be free

Comment

I'm sure those two resolutions will be acceptable. I think it will just be that 1024x768 will be recommended. I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Anyone know how to download the flash vids from Firaxis?

You know the firaxis.com Civ III, little animations?
        A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

I don't know - they list 1024x768x16 as a Requirement -
          and I doubt those requirements are just recommendations.
          (I can't imagine anyone recommending a Windows box w/32MB memory)

Comment

Re: somebody please answer this question (not MP related!)

Originally posted by faded glory
            I cant get 1024x768

Will 800x600 or 600x800 ?

Please help me.....

Thanks in advance!
            I'm sure those two resolutions will be acceptable.
            Are you sure about that, I have never seen a game (or anything) accepting a resolution like 600x800, have you?
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

aiyah.

you can ONLY use 1024x768

About the 600x800, it's possible, but it would be an odd video card to support that.
              be free

Comment

I've seen legal paper length monitors for secretaries (extra long monitors). That might be where the 600x800 comes from. (by the way, in 1024 x 768, is the 1024 width or height?

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                  I've seen legal paper length monitors for secretaries (extra long monitors). That might be where the 600x800 comes from. (by the way, in 1024 x 768, is the 1024 width or height?
                  that is the width
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    600x800, I don't think you can get that resolution, unless you have some kind of unique monitor?
                    You just have to flip the monitor 90 degrees and use some drivers that flips the output
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Stromprophet
                      Anyone know how to download the flash vids from Firaxis?

You know the firaxis.com Civ III, little animations?
                      You can copy the URL from the page source and paste it in a downloader (GetRight), or a browser that not support flash.
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I think he meant 600 x 480.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: Re: somebody please answer this question (not MP related!)

Originally posted by ADG

Are you sure about that, I have never seen a game (or anything) accepting a resolution like 600x800, have you?
                          Im using a 15 inch moniter made bye Packed Bell long ago. Its old, nicotene stained its been around for 8 years. It works amazingly well ...Its my workhorse..

It never fails , as of yet.

600 x 800 is my normal resolution. Its zoomed it alot more than 800 x 600.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                            I think he meant 600 x 480.
                            I believe that's 640x480.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: somebody please answer this question (not MP related!)

Originally posted by faded glory

Im using a 15 inch moniter made bye Packed Bell long ago. Its old, nicotene stained its been around for 8 years. It works amazingly well ...Its my workhorse..

It never fails , as of yet.

600 x 800 is my normal resolution. Its zoomed it alot more than 800 x 600.
                              This makes no sense. 600x800, while technically possible, doesn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X