No announcement yet.

Sim Civilization!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info Earthling7! I never knew that Sid had tried that out, and I guess he's right. There would be a lot of watching rather than playing.
    Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
    "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Why do people keep trying to do this? If you make it that different, it's not civ. If you want a game like SimCity, play SimCity. Civ is unique in many ways. If you make it like other games, it loses what makes it special. Leave civ alone.

Comment

maybe it oculd be a multiplayeronly game
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          how about The Similiazations brought to you my FirMaxis?

where you can get into the head of every Sim in your empire and have them mate or work the fields?
          LOL
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sounds suspiciously like Tropico, which is quite a sad game.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Tjoepie
              Sounds like a promissing idea, but I think that before such a game is developed some big progress will have to be made in AI.

The danger if AI is not up to specs in such a game is that it will seriously hamper replayebility.
              You'll think , "ok but that's same in Civ" , wéll yes for your opponents , but here you'll even need AI on your side aswell!

You hardly need AI for opponents - this is would be more of a solitaire game like caeasar 3 - opponents would be more abstract - realize thats harder in a nation-building context than a city-building context, but still the idea would be to give up on MP, and, using assymetry between human player and others, have the design subtitute for the AI (am I making sense?) Would not so much need AI for your side, but "models" of behaviour, as simcity has a migration model, transportation model, etc. These could be play tested (aka validated) and refined.

I rather hope that this is what Sid intends as eventual fruit of Maxis colloboration, not more golf games.

LOTM
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                Why do people keep trying to do this? If you make it that different, it's not civ. If you want a game like SimCity, play SimCity. Civ is unique in many ways. If you make it like other games, it loses what makes it special. Leave civ alone.
                Or rather what I dont like about Simcity is its limitation to a single city, its failure to fully model a national economy, its absence of national politics, its failure to model research, and its absence of international affairs. Really, "simnation" would be half way between simcity and civ. Not having played Tropico, I cannot comment on that.

LOTM
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Like the great Sid says, "You'd be doing more watching than playing."

Yippee. I may as well watch television.
                  Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Working...
                  X