My Pre-Order Box of Civ3: Ineresting Tid Bits of Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar W ???

*doh* didn't see the post about this earlier...anywho...that is correct... O:-)
    I believe that what you mentioned as the Jaguar W is the Jaguar Warrior
    It was a very elite Aztec swordsman type unit... If any of you have the Expansion to AOE2, you can see it there.

Cordially,
    another Civ-fan.

P.S. Thank goodness UPS is not running too late

Comment

To get screens use Alt + Print Screen and then paste and save.
      You may get a black window, if so resize the animation window just a little and it will work (does so for me).
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

You're right. Editing my previous post so as not to confuse.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

SO, give us the goddamn screenshots now!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyller
            Could Firaxis be changing the pic of Alexander after lots of people at Apolyton complained? They listened to us about Cleopatra...
            I think you're on to something. For those who don't know, some say that Alexander had long hair but in the pic he has short hair. Of course, this would take more editing than Cleo's skin tone, so it may be a while before we see the new Alex.
            "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
            "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I guess this screen shows what you are reffering to as ?, # and * http://bonusweb.cz/obrazek.html?obra...tion3_scr2.jpg

My guess is that the ? symbol stands for upkeep, as mentioned before in this thread.

-- Roland

Comment

In that screenshot, seeing as how the ? icon also appears next to the commerce, I assume it is upkeep. Well, looking at it more closely, it seems to be a red vesion of whatever commerce is being transferred to gold and science. Is it a stack of coins?

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus
                  Any reason why the unknown symbols couldn't be the upkeeep (2 gold coins = costs 2/turn) ?
                  I was going to suggest that. It fits as only the more advanced improvements have an unkeep cost, although 2 seems a little low, and is it the same for /all/ improvements?

The ? on the unit stats could be the monetary upkeep costs for units. An Armour unit will probably cost more than the 1 gold / turn for musketeers.

Comment

if you can get me the video i can extract screenshots and maybe even mirror it for you (since the WTC incident, some people can't see my site, www.meeee.com/krux )
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Oh, and that Despotism/Normalcy might be referring to the state of the economy after Nationalism, ie War / Normalcy / Peace with the bonus and penalties attached to them (+/- 50% Production to peace/war building)

Comment

Sounds Awesome

I agree, re: all the sniping over things. Everything I've seen so far has me impressed, and what you guys say about the video is making me absolutely hysterical with anticipation. I've warned friends that if they want to spend time with me, better do it before October 16. After that, social life ends for me.

Did the video have any sounds from the game or music clips? I'm really intrigued about that. I have no problem admitting the outrageously dorky fact that I have put together my own soundtracks for Civ that depend on what era I'm in and what civilization I'm playing.

BG
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Sounds Awesome

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          I've warned friends that if they want to spend time with me, better do it before October 16. After that, social life ends for me.
                          BG
                          Oct. 16? Hardly! The game distributors use early dates like that in the beginning and quietly and slowly push the date back until it's released. It's already back to Oct. 30. Not to mention Firaxis still hasn't said a word about the release date.
                          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I hope against hope, my friend. It's happened before where games I've been waiting for have actually been released before the projected date, a nice surprise to the customers. Who knows? Anything is possible.

I will cross my fingers, click my heels, etc. until then.

BG
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

How did you get the video?

I preordered, and I didn't get the video!!!
                              "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
                              "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

SO, give us the goddamn screenshots now!
                                Shut the hell up, I actually have responsibilites I have to take care of, such as school.

Oh, and that Despotism/Normalcy might be referring to the state of the economy after Nationalism
                                That makes sense but it is a little strange. The strange part is that Despotims would be a Civ's gov even when they have reached the tech of Nationalism. It probably is the gov first then state of economy like you mentioned, though.

My guess is that the ? symbol stands for upkeep, as mentioned before in this thread.
                                Well then that means several improvements aren't requiring an upkeep. Plus, a building will require in an upkeep at various time because in certain screens the temple has the " ? " symbol, while in other screens the temple doesn't have the " ? " symbol.

Did the video have any sounds from the game or music clips?
                                Yes, the video did include sounds, which were very good; the video also contained some talking about the sound aspect of the game.

I preordered, and I didn't get the video!!!
                                Did you pre-order online or did you pre-order the game at a retail store? You only get the pre-order box, which contains "Making of Civ3" video, at a retail store, such as Best Buy.

if you can get me the video
                                Either by tonight or tomorrow the video will be at Apolyton. I'm going to be sending the files to DanQ, as soon as I figure how to send the video as a file. Could somebody explain? Man, I sound like a really big idiot when it comes to computers as of late but I'm really not at all.

Screenshot was deleted because of being in BMP and not JPEG. All new screenshots will be done in JPEG. I'm sorry if ths is an inconvenience to you.
                                Last edited by TechWins; September 19, 2001, 17:09.
                                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                                X