Best Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Price?

Well, I've preordered my copy of Civilization 3. I have searched the Internet far and wide and so far the best price I found was $49.97 USD(including shipping) at Amazon.com(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...076867-9538448).

I challenge anyone here to find a site on the Internet that has a better price, and to find the best price in different currencies, too. Shipping costs count. Are you up for the challenge?

P.S. Make sure you post a link to your find here for solid evidence and so other users can easily get to those pages from here quickly and conveniently and purchase Civilization 3!!! Thanks.
    Yes
    43.75%
    No
    56.25%
    Last edited by Zer0_T0lerance; September 18, 2001, 21:39.

Comment

This is for the LE for Australia, all shipping costs included:

Chips & Bits
      Total $71.95 USD

Game Stop
      Total $91.98 USD

EB
      Total $99.99 USD

Amazon
      No LE

There you go
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Global Computer Outlet....

$39.95 US Dollars

I had to pay in advance, but that's the best price I found.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Amazon
          No LE
          What do you mean by LE?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
            Global Computer Outlet....

$39.95 US Dollars

I had to pay in advance, but that's the best price I found.
            Does this include shipping? If not, what is the cost with shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by Zer0_T0lerance

What do you mean by LE?
              Limited Edition.
              A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

For anyone who has already posted here and is watching this thread closely, the original post to this thread has been edited and now has some additional information in it you might like to read. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                Last edited by Zer0_T0lerance; September 18, 2001, 21:55.

Comment

Was gonna add the link to Chips and Bits above with my post, but then remembered that by clicking on the adds here at apolyton, apolyton gets some money from your purchase (10% IIRC from Chips and Bits). But then i thought, why not include the link from the adds myself here, so i did
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

well if you are some kind of cheap freak, you could get a MAC and just pay $45 for the game. i, on the other hand, bought civ3 for $50

btw, what does iirc mean?

Comment

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Check the abbreviations forum for other useful (and not so useful) ones

Comment

It is clear that the majority of the people on this forum would *not* like to find the best price for Civ3 (LE), but had rather given all their money to Sid right away.

Chips and Bits does seem to be the cheapest of the bunch. Anyone outside the USA will have to swallow some hefty shipping costs to get the game early, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X