Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, so what are these terrain improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don't get is, why would someone mine grassland? It just doesn't seem a very sensible thing to do...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

why would someone mine grassland? It just doesn't seem a very sensible thing to do
      maybe they left the AI in charge of the workers for a few turns too many

but seriously i think it because there is iron there

Dan, do you have to have a mine and a road on iron before you can use it or is a road all you need?

Comment

What I don't get is, why wouldn't you mine grassland? I mine grassland all the time...
        Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
          Dan, do you have to have a mine and a road on iron before you can use it or is a road all you need?
          Go through the tutorial and you will see that all you need to extract iron is a road.

Either that or this is a new ability (you couldn't mine grassland before, it just produced forest) so you can extract a few minerals on a grassland tile if there are precious few minerals around, as appears to be the case in this Samarra.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i actually tghought those were millitary bunkers/bases on the original pic they came from.. it would be better if there could be more varied graphics for mines etc.. they all look so weird all lined pointing east/south(sic.) still they'll do for a strat. game.

I DO hope they make more non city structures like Forts etc , maybe even just modern forts/ rennaisance forts .. the colonie type is an excellent start.

Comment

look close and you'll see the mine shaft. but it would look more in place on the side of a hill. not that you can't mine on flat land, it just looks silly for the mine shaft to be above ground and then dive strait down.

if i had to guess i'd say this was an industrial city, not too worried about growing
              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

I would like it if you could mine flat land, like in CTP.

Comment

Of course you can mine grassland! Somewhere beneath the earth there is somekind of bedrock. Dig there, man!

And as korn469 mentioned the picture in link http://www.civfanatics.com/cgi-bin/...civ3image17.jpg , it seems that some special resources (like coal, iron, other minerals) may be centered to certain places, just like in real world.
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                  X