Multi-Level Road system - ITS IN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Level Road system - ITS IN!

Look at any recent screenshot (look at the ones in the bonusweb thread for a god example) and you will see that there are at least two types of 'primitive' road, one that is thinner and used all over the place, and is more curvy, and one that is wider, and usually only used to connect cities. Then, only found in one bonusweb screenshot, there are superhighways. since we havent many modern/postmodern screenshots so i cant say if theres another one past that that maybe has unlimited movement (because im not sure but id doubt if there were unlimited movement on superhighways)

any speculations (besides yelling at me for being too lazy to put a link in)
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Are you sure that this is actually us building different types of road? Or is it what has been theorized on this forum before that more heavily used roads for trade and travel grow wider as a part of the Civ III eye candy?

I think it is the later.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

how many times do i have to say this
      it looks clear that when 2 cities conect by road the shortest availiable trade path thickens to show its being used!
      Just my 2p.
      Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
      Which shows you learn something every day.
      formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by tishco
        how many times do i have to say this
        it looks clear that when 2 cities conect by road the shortest availiable trade path thickens to show its being used!
        Probably until Firaxis confirm or deny that this is the case

For the record, i think this is the most probable explanation
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

there are superhighways
          A few days ago a Firaxian programmer told us that these are railroads and not highways.

The normal and thicker roads could already be seen on older screen shots, and I agree with the speculation that these indicate a being used indication, so eye candy.

Comment

first of all, im probably wrong,
            but maybe there is only roads and RRs, but the roads look different in different ages?

Comment

maybe there is superhighways that arent just city improvements but they donbt look like a brown thinkened road do they?
              Just my 2p.
              Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
              Which shows you learn something every day.
              formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

the thicker roads sybolize the trade network silly.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

any chance of a link?
                  (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                    the thicker roads sybolize the trade network silly.
                    hehe sorry. wonder why i didn't see it before
                    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

We've been able to see that for a while. And I wouldn't expect it to be any different. After all, that's the way it has always been. I imagine they might add a 3rd level.
                      A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

The Firaxian said they were railroads (in the modern screenshots) but they look a heck of a lot more like roads to me!!

Now, if we could have both highways and railroads....that'd be cool - then we could play RR Tycoon in Civ!!! (Well, not really, I guess)
                        If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Working...
                        X