New screenshots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New screenshots!!!

Bonusweb did an interview with Sid Meier and posted some new screenshots.

Here's a link to the screenshot section of the magazine:
    http://www.bonusweb.cz/download/scre...scr010810.html

Civfanatics website is promissing the translation of the interview soon
    Visit Gamacather (GC)!

Well, some of the new ones are old screenshots, even if they're new to fans. The histograph picture has the SMAC drone icon and the old shipyard icon (large anchor versus the new small diamonds on Civ3.com). I bet the screenshot is pretty similar to the final, but a little more polished when we actually see the real game.

Comment

The city names look like they are from early build screenshots...

but I don't think I've seen these before.

Comment

Taking by the chinese picture it seems that the workers won't be updated with the passage of time.
        Visit Gamacather (GC)!

Comment

awesome

This Screenshots are the best and clearest ive seen yet. I have now seen just about everything except most of the units. I even spotted a Barbarian

Thanks Pggar

Comment

All of the screenshots are alpha-screenshots. None of them have the little touches of polish that the Civ3.com screenshots have (the bottom title bar, the smaller harbor symbols). Some of the screenshots above don't even have the railroads connecting between tiles. Damn, I wish Civ3.com would release a few more beta shots, especially of the modern age, instead of just answering text questions.

Comment

if you go to the end of the adress bar and type in any number up to 37 you get a screenshot not linked to in the original page
              And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

There are a couple of pictures I haven't seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                  All of the screenshots are alpha-screenshots.
                  I dont know, but isnt it the other way around: First beta, then alpha? Anyway, I agree with you that some screenshots looks rather unfinished & unpolished. I realize that these guys are pressed for time, but coulnt they at least make it a policy to release the latest and most updated screenshots only?

Theres nothing new in these map-screenshots (and older ones) that have changed my old criticism:

A: More emphasize is needed in founding AI coastal cities, then working inwards, for more efficient land-use.
                  B: Some AI city-areas are too closely overlaped, without any terrain/resource-apparent reasons.
                  C: More consistent emphasize on cultivating AI city-areas (some relatively big cities have lots of terrain-improvements, while just as big neighbor-cities has almost none - why?). More dedicated exploitation, please.
                  D: How is it even possible to sustain really big 15+ AI-cities with few/hardly any food-related terrain-inprovements? Something is wrong here.
                  E: Give us better looking irrigation-graphics; something thats looks manmade, straight & regular, and with some eatable-looking growing in them - instead of these natural terrain-type looking mosquito-infested marshes.
                  F: Make RR:s through cultivated areas a mixed blessing (= shield/resource-output increased, but food-output decreased) - all in order to avoid the dense spiderweb-RR:s.

This tech-tree sceenshot have some text-overflow (scientific method, the corporation & amphibious warfare). Looks cheap & sloppy, but I guess they change that before the final release.

In this island screenshot, I like the curvy-style railroads. I dont like the fluffy green steelwool-looking forest-tiles near the 10-pop city. And the over-proportional pimple-looking mountains seems to be an inadequate excuse for a promished 3D-ish terrain-look, which I prefer to associate with 3-4 distinct height-levels (from deep ocean to high plateu). The Advisor-screenshots however are all high class.
                  Last edited by Ralf; September 16, 2001, 02:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
                    isnt it the other way around: First beta, then alpha?
                    Alpha comes before beta. The alpha phase is in-house software development, where the software changes greatly. Beta software is largely complete, and is being tested outside the development house to find and fix bugs.
                    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

In the city view screenshot, it seems like the city is building a unit and a building at the same time. It's a little hard to see because of some overlapping graphics, but it seems like Thebes is building a catapult which will be finished in three turn and a university which will be finished in two turns.

Does anyone know anything about this?
                      We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth
                        In the city view screenshot, it seems like the city is building a unit and a building at the same time. It's a little hard to see because of some overlapping graphics, but it seems like Thebes is building a catapult which will be finished in three turn and a university which will be finished in two turns.

Does anyone know anything about this?
                        It says 3 turns to Growth.
                        Anyway, it says University: 12 on the map and complete in 2 turns in the city. Is there a connection between these numbers?
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

It says 3 turns to Growth.
                          Anyway, it says University: 12 on the map and complete in 2 turns in the city. Is there a connection between these numbers?
                          LOL

Yog Smacks himself on the head for being stupid

Dunno about the numbers being different. What else than turns left would be useful to show on the map?
                          We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth
                            What else than turns left would be useful to show on the map?
                            Turns working with it?
                            Shields left, but I count it to 9, not 12.
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                            X