is there a replay option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a replay option?

I suggested it in the beginning. It would be a 100% cheating deturrent. did they include it?
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

What do you mean by Option?
    Replay is in. I don't know if you can turn it off.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

How does replay deter cheating?

Comment

i guess capability is more the word i was looking for. I just wanted to know if you could watch a replay of the entire game at the end.
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

saracen: obviously, with a replay, people can't use programs like cheat-o-matic or whatever else to interject units or gold. I just hope it is detailed enough to show starting techs, advances, etc...

Comment

This has been answered in Ask The Civ Team.

We will definitely have a replay function similar to the replay system in Alpha Centauri. We're also considering adding some new features to it, but at this point, nothing has been finalized.

Comment

the problem with that statement is "....at this point..."

Where do we find problem in this? well, the game will be released in a month. the point, at which we find ourselves, is probably out of luck, just like with MP

Comment

Firaxis hasn't actually confirmed or denied that Multi-Player is in Civ3. Everyone has just assumed it is not in the release of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak

Where do we find problem in this? well, the game will be released in a month. the point, at which we find ourselves, is probably out of luck, just like with MP
                  The statement was made in march, so 'at this point' was some seven months prior to release... So its not as bad as you make out. By now if they re-made the statement they would probably have more of an idea.

Comment

having not played AC , what is this replay function and how doeas it work ???
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Replay r0x0rz
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I still can't see what does replay function has ANYTHING to do with cheating. Its doesn't even have ANY effect on the game course and you can watch it only after the game is finnished so it wouldn't effect the hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
                          Replay r0x0rz
                          you mean it replays every turn , every move... !!! gee could get quite boring to watch a whole game over again !!!
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak

It [COLOR={qcolor}]will definitely have a replay function[/COLOR].
                            [COLOR={qcolor}]...at this point...[/COLOR] was regarding extra feature, that not existed in SMAC.

Comment

The replay function doesn't show you every single turn. It shows a big map, control areas and an event. It shows when a new city has being founded, captured, invetions or first unit of a type built. Well that how it was in Civ, I don't remember how was it in AC (but the control areas where there).

Comment

Working...
                              X