This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the WTC be rebuilt?

I would like to apologize in advance if this is offensive because I should be worrying about victims now, but this question has been plaguing me...
    ...I didn't know where to go to find out what everyone else thought, but my first idea was - Apolyton.

SHOULD THE WORLD TRADE CENTER BE REBUILT?

Side 1: No, it should not be rebuilt and left as a hulk of debris to commemerate the victims.

Side 2: Yes! Perhaps a small part, like Building 7, should be left destroyed as an anti-terrorist monument, but the towers should be rebuilt bigger and better to show that America draws the best from the worst. I mean, people driving by a large mass of rubble would think "this was an American failure." We don't want that. We should spit in the faces of the terrorists and build taller!
    Yes, it should be build bigger an better as a symbol of American progress.
    73.68%
    No, the mass of rubble should stay.
    26.32%

I don't see why this is in the civ3 forum, but yes, we should rebuild bigger and stronger.

Comment

My no cancels out the only vote of yes -so far.
      If you rebuild it , terrorist rebels will just destroy it again - it will be even more of a prime target for them.
      Perhaps an equally magnificient building could be constructed, something good like a hospital or a Park.
      Its the biggest 'conflict' since the US Civil war in the USA - so i'm sure a small memorial will be put up.
      Theres a danger this tragedy will make the US more isolationist , which will be bad, as the world needs a unifying force to prevent such evil .
      We've had active terrorism for decades in the UK, my close friends friend was murdered while pregnant in the terrible bombing at Omagh , North Ireland and its a terrible waste of life and everything possible should be done to stop it - without causing unnecesary restrictions to the rights and freedoms of people.
      This will be a good test to see if Bush is up to the job of President, many of us, in England at least, have our doubts about his politics but he does seem a pretty good morale person unlike some.

I think it is appropriate to have columns of this nature for a topic of this importance, the OT area is too full of mad people .

PJ of the United Earth Peace Alliance

Comment

Rebuild it underground and have it scattered into different departments all around NY, each of which can be reached by subway. In other words, don't make it an easy target. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Please take this to the OT forum. I and I'm sure others come back to the Civ3 and AC forums to get my mind off of the tragedy.

Comment

I voted no. I think there should be a memorial there, to remind people of what happened. Kind of like in deus ex, when the statue of liberty's head was left blown off as a symbol.

Also, I think this will be a chance to show the US that bush is a good president. he occasionally fumble with words, and this creates the false assumption that he is an idiot. I think, like clinton said, that he is a much shrewder politician than he's given credit for.

I have often, in lighter times, poked fun at americans, but I do support them 100%.

God bless America
            Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Yes it should be rebuilt to show the cowards who did this that they can't destroy the sprit of the American people.
              Call me Frank.
              To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

go here
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                X