Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Firaxis alter the Pentagon and WTC wonders?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Firaxis alter the Pentagon and WTC wonders?

There have been terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, two buildings which are wonders in CIV3. Should these wonders be altered into more neutral images as a mark of respect for those who have died? Seeing images of the World Trade Centre and Pentagon in the game may be very distressing to those who have lost loved ones in these buildings.
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

no. i live on the island and right now my dad is stuck in the city

although i now think the eradication of palestians should be a world wonder.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

No.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Re: Should Firaxis alter the Pentagon and WTC wonders?

Originally posted by star mouse
        There have been terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, two buildings which are wonders in CIV3. Should these wonders be altered into more neutral images as a mark of respect for those who have died? Seeing images of the World Trade Centre and Pentagon in the game may be very distressing to those who have lost loved ones in these buildings.
        You are an idiot. This is a game, not real life, according to your logic maybe they should take out anything to do with combat/war since so many people have died in/from them there are bound to be people seriously upset that a game would include it!!!!!

Once again, you are an idiot. Find a better reason to start a Topic next time!

Comment

Well there are several WTCs spread out all across the US. There's on in Boston for instance. If the icon has the Twin Towers on it that should be altered, but not the actual wonder.

The Pentagon...well...maybe it should be called something more generic, but I've thought that all along.
          "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
          "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
          "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

In the war of images, why let cowards win?
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

from what i heard they will most likely repair the pentagon

and build a new wtc..

keep em..

Comment

I agree, ancient.

Comment

No. We will remember WTC forever.

Comment

I don't remember the WTC being a wonder. Even if it is, it should stay...

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                      In the war of images, why let cowards win?
                      That is right, you can't like these people win, even if it as something as insignificant as a few graphics in a game.
                      "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

They have to rebuild the world trade center.

We as Americans owe it to ourselves to rebuild what was lost in memory of those that have lost thier lives today. They have given thier lives for our country and for other free countries. That's how I see it.
                        Whatever goes up, better doggon well stay up...

Comment

Absulutly right - the Pentagon WILL be rebuilt. The WTC also will be rebuilt. Terrorism will NEVER win.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            although i now think the eradication of palestians should be a world wonder.

Or, we could kill all the Jews instead, removing the Israli state, thereby
                            removing the thing that is making Palestians want to launch terrorist attacks
                            like this against Israli backers. Problem solved QED.

Obviously I'm not advocating such an absurd action.

I think I might go and hide now...
                            Introvert:
                            spreading confusion far and wide...
                            It will all be washed away by the incoming tide.

Comment

Keep them in as a sign of respect.

And when you build them - remember. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X