The Chunnel, Firaxis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chunnel, Firaxis!

OK, so if Firaxis have made it that the 'Great Canal' will allow the builder to connect 2 oceans on the map, why can't we have the channel tunnel as a wonder, which connects 2 land masses?

(Having the channel tunnel as a wonder would also help the 'all the modern wonders are American' problem).

Any thoughts?
    Yes
    71.43%
    No
    22.08%
    The Channel Tunnel should be in Civ3, but with different effects.
    6.49%

absolutely - get your finger out, Firaxis!

Comment

It's too late now, but it should fit in a Civ III expansion: not only as the european tunnel under the channel, but also referring to japanese similar effort.

It's not a revolution to the game, still adding some limits should not be bad
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

nice idea. it should be in.

Comment

I don't like this idea anymore then I liked the idea of the canal.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I could be good, but it's to late now... But, anyway, I'm voting yes!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Does the Chunnel hold the record as the longest underwater tunnel, or does that belong to the Japanese?

Trans-Siberian railway would be a good transport wonder aswell.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I vote "yes." And I edited the Wonders part of the List, so there! Nyah!
                "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Through modification, could something like this not be made? If you could create a water based unit that was able to support land based units like a transport boat and then fortify the units in a line from one land to another - it might work. Of course, the minor wonder would enable the unit to be built.

Now that I think about it, a unit that existed as a teleportation device would work. There would have to be two units in place in order to have a place to teleport to. This would work as a chunnel but also for a future (or extended) scenario transportation device.
                  Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Chunnel!

How hard could it be to edit the canal wonder to make it a chunnel wonder? I love the idea, i think it should be a small wonder. is the canal a small wonder or large wonder?

Comment

Re: Chunnel!

Originally posted by H Tower
                      How hard could it be to edit the canal wonder to make it a chunnel wonder? I love the idea, i think it should be a small wonder. is the canal a small wonder or large wonder?
                      If the game is well done there should be no problem, and you will not need to make any (almost) new graphics as the tunnel is under the water.
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Bravo Red-John, sometimes I think they forget there are civilisations over here in Yurop
                        "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                        "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

Thankyou, loyal followers

Is it too late for Firaxis to add modern wonders? We haven't seen much of the modern age yet so I'm presuming they haven't made much of it yet...

It's just a pity they rarely visit Apolyton.

Comment

Chunnel or simply undersea tunnels ala CtP series would be great.

If it can be done in Ctp I don't see ANY reason why it couldn't be done in the game, after all, with modern engineering wonders like the Chunnel, Yellow River Dam and the huge suspended bridge built in Japan as recent examples I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

We NEED something besides airports that can connect two land masses without having to load a ship or plane.

Comment

OT: Who spelled it "Yurop"? Or is it a joke because Americans are supposed to be stupid and spell Europe wrong? I'm curious (no that's not me being a dumba$$, I'm truly interested where that specific spelling came from). One other thing, why would any other citzen from North America object to the people from U.S.A. being called Americans? The U.S.A. is the only country that has America in it, should we be called Statesmen? or Uniters? Or, Uniters, Statesmen, of Americans.
                              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                              New faces...Strange places,
                              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
                              X