More about release dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More about release dates

While EB and others may say oct. 16/17, my local stores (babbages and best buy say oct 31 and nov. 1 respectiv+++++Is this because of where i live (its not way out in the country, although i am in NC) misinformation on either end, changing release dates, or do games come out later in stores in the mall than online?

thx
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

EB recently changed their shipdate to 10/30.
    Call me Frank.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

EB and Amazon both have the date as 10/30 or 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Acemo
        EB recently changed their shipdate to 10/30.
        REALLY!?!? I didn't see this! and it wasn't a news item either

whatever. i dont want it to be rushed
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I announced it here a while ago but I guess they didn't consider it newsworthy.

Comment

As long as Firaxis maintains it's "No Official Word on Release Dates" policy, we're not going to post any speculation. The last two we posted were followed by immediate official retractions...

I have made an exception with regards to the European release date, but that was a special case, because it also contained some relevant side info (The LE is going to be released in Europe, but well after the main game).
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
              As long as Firaxis maintains it's "No Official Word on Release Dates" policy, we're not going to post any speculation. The last two we posted were followed by immediate official retractions...
              to be exact, their policy is "You'll get real release dates only by us"

and the last real release date was "October"....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I suspect we'll get firm release dates from Firaxis once the game passes the Beta testing phase. An unexpected big bug found during beta testing could easily delay the software release by 2 or 3 weeks. It is a smart move not to announce a release date while the software is still technically in development.
                None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

I hope the dates aren't pushed back. That means I'll spend another couple of weeks ignoring important work to check these forums when I could be putting aside important work to play Civ.
                  Pathetic. I wish I was younger so I could 'blame it on my youth' (anyone know this song?)
                  Formerly known as Masuro.
                  The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Working...
                  X