No announcement yet.

Resources, Editable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, in that case, we haven't heard much about anything ....
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

We can at least set what resources that can be found in a specific terrain . Now we only need to be able to edit them. 50% done

Ask The Civ Team 9/14/01
      You can alter any terrain type to determine which resources can be found in that terrain type, and you can also manually place resources on your maps.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Additional point: Who send in the email to "Ask the Civ team?" Well, at least placable resources will be a plus. Now to find out if we can edit them, and by that I mean:

1) Edit the graphic
        2) Edit the abilities
        3) Edit technology activated
        4) Add new resources

Abilities refers to the units that need resource x, where its found, rarity, and so forth. The most important are 2, 1, 3, 4 in that order IMHO. How about allowing players to "create" resources with a worker? It wouldn't work in the main game, but there's tons of cases where this would come in handy.... Say, creating "iron mines" in mountains for an industrial revolution scenario, or "heavy water factory" for the production of WMDs.

On a slightly less relevent note, the "raise an army on peanuts" thing had me ROTFLMAO for ten minutes.... Great joke.
        Last edited by Shadowstrike; September 14, 2001, 17:34.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

We can edit where it is found, and I guess that what need a resource is a setting of that unit, and not the resource. And as we can edit units I think we may do that too.

We still need graphics and technology, and that shouldn't be a big problem for Firaxis to make editable (if not already done).

Comment

We'll probably need to know if we can edit teh name of teh resource too..... Well, this would be an excellent time for a representative from heaven.. er Firaxis to enlighten us.
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

We can edit all strings. And I think names are strings

Comment

And what about CUSTOMIZE world with this options:

1: Abundant resources
                2: Normal resources
                3: Few resources

Has anybody heard something about it?

Comment

Well, let's hope that the successor to rules.txt will just be as legible and simple to follow as the Civ2 wonder itself.....
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                  X