• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ROFTLMAOYAOMAORFOTLOFTL

That's great
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

No, after all, when America used 2 nukes in WW2, they didnt fall into anarchy. Was still government as usual.
      Well, actually, according to the rest of the world's opinion, America still hasn't much of a government. It's more like some kind of circus.

And with Bush it aint got much better
      -------------------------------><------------------------------
      History should be known for learning from the past...
      Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.

Comment

What about sprawled out cities like Sydney or Los Angeles - they are among the largest in physical size but relatively small in population compared to New York or Mexico City?

Comment

Originally posted by tuckson
          Well, actually, according to the rest of the world's opinion, America still hasn't much of a government. It's more like some kind of circus.
          True. I should have said they didnt fall any deeper into anarchy
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

No, after all, when America used 2 nukes in WW2, they didnt fall into anarchy. Was still government as usual.
            O.k. So your civ get's first 2 attacks without implications.People didn't know yet

Comment

Also other nations should percieve the 1st one in a battle using nukes as a universal threat and offer the opposing nation military aliances and units.
              Isn't that already so when you are the first(ie the human player)to deploy a Bomb?Or am I just mistaking it for the usual all against one alliance and allowance to nuke the hell out of me??
              (but i have SDI )

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

MAD!

I too hope that the Nukes have better graphics in Civ3, it was prett lame in Civ and f***'ing awful in Ctp2.

Ctp2 did have one good thing though. it had a good "mutually assured destrcution" (MAD) setup, if you nuked someone, then they would immediately Launch all their nukes at you. Immediately means in YOUR turn, before you get to wipe them out with your hordes of parartroopers.

Ahhhh, immediate and total retaliation, that's a bit more like human nature...

You'd be a fool to launch Nukes against any other nuclear power, or their allies.. you'd better be one too, or your history.... Perhaps that's what one of the Firaxians meant when he said "You'd better be a nuclear power when they come along or you'll really miss out.." or something like that... I forget the exact quote.

Anyway, that's what I hope Nukes will be like in Civ3. (plus a kickass graphic and a deeply booming sound effect that'll pop your speakers and piss off your neighbours....... but that goes without saying.)

Pingu:

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that there were 2 kinds of nukes: the smaller carried in a sub for cruise misiles and that bigger ballistic misile that could hit any place on earth.
                  Can anyone confirm this?

That would be nice, since all the talk about nukes here has been about the "old" nukes, but these days an intercontinental "multiple warhead H-bomb" is very different to the "fire-cracker" used on Hiroshima!

Therefor I hope the damage should be different too.
                  Buildings or at least 3/4 should be destroyed since a nuke will allways be aimed at the cities strategic centres and population will definately die if its an H-bomb rendering the whole area unable to sustain life for a very long time due to radiation!

And I agree there should be a bigger downside to using nukes especially the big onces. They make it too easy to rule the world if you'r the first to have them and use them without a big downside.

Otherwise Civ should be called : " get the bomb first race"
                  Last edited by Tjoepie; September 11, 2001, 18:38.
                  Live long and prosper !

Comment

Nuclear warfare is for wussies that are unable to conquer the world on horseback! :P

Comment

Anyone seen the movie "Wargames"?

It would be nice to be able to aim your nukes towards a certain city and let it stand so for a while. And indeed, in case of neccesary retalliation to be able to launch them at once.

Also it would be nice to get to know (not at once, but by means of spies or something) where your opponent has nukes and on which of your cities the thingy is aimed.

I guess THAT would cause more something like a "cold war"
                      History should be known for learning from the past...
                      Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.

Comment

WarGames, Now that was a cool film. I've always wanted a game like that ever since I saw it when I was about 6.

"intercontintal "multiple warhead H-bomb" is very different to the "fire-cracker" used on Hiroshima"

Just what I was going to say, Hiroshima and Nagasaki may still be on the map, but they were hit with a 1 Megaton bomb. What would have happened if they were hit with a 10 Megaton Bomb?

I would like to see the advancements of Nukes from Wet Farts to HUGE city KILLERS in the game.
                        "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                        "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                        X