Aaaargh, persian special unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaRusso
    is the right expression 'storm in a tea cup pot or glass of water'?
    I think Firaxis designers thought: What does the average player know about Persia. Maybe the jump'n run game Prince of Persia or some arcade game where the persian fighter swings his damascene sword. OK, we do not rewrite history in Civ3, but then we could let all histrical fact out. Would that be fun?
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Fintilgin
      IIRC it's `Tempest in a teapot'.
      Joe
      Actually, it's "storm in a teacup", although I believe the French version of this idiom is something like "storm in a glass of water"
      None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

I think Firaxis designers thought: What does the average player know about Persia. Maybe the jump'n run game Prince of Persia or some arcade game where the persian fighter swings his damascene sword. OK, we do not rewrite history in Civ3, but then we could let all histrical fact out. Would that be fun?
        might as well be depends on the 'gameplay' and 'interface'

Comment

Working...
        X