Well, we have our Wonder Movie answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we have our Wonder Movie answer

Taking a look at Civ3.com you can see what the Wonder announcement will look like.

For anyone wondering where the wonder animations would be it looks like a pop-up message with a nice graphic will appear when a wonder has completed.

I think this will make a nice alternative to Wonder movies. You still get the satisfaction of watching something for your efforts but it is quick and painless enough to not be turned off within a few games like the movies were.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

don we already knew that there would not be a wonder movie.

Will there be Wonder movies in Civ III?
    We have created a beautiful and fun world in Civ III and felt that the wonder movies of the past would take you out of that world and interrupt the gameplay experience. In Civ III, building a wonder triggers a unique reward screen that captures the flavor of the wonder movies without disrupting the flow of your game.
    So we know have a screen shot of it nothing more.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

yeah, but it seemed like there was some question as to how this would be implemented. Now we know and I am all happy scrappy about it and spreading the news to the world...
      Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

It could be an animated screen in the popup. That shoot says nothing about that.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I don't know that the animation is in the pop-up window. It could be a full screen animation that starts when you close the pop-up. We finally have no new answer. We knew it would be an animation, but no one said it would be in the window.
          Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Working...
          X