No announcement yet.

Are you going to buy Civ3 or the LE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say it's true that more people play civ single player, but I agree that it's kind of stupid to release it without MP.

Comment

Too many times, the pre-orders arrive after anyone could find them in select local stores. Let's say the game is released on Oct 30. Stores like EB and Babbages will likely have them first, but at the full price. On Nov 6, Best Buy (and perhaps Media Play) will get a mountain of SE and LE (along with their special display) and will have them priced at $10 less (like they do with all new releases the first week). I'll be picking up a LE at a local store for $49.99 when they arrive.

Comment

I pre ordered 12 of the regular; Christmas shopping.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

You forgot one more option in the poll...

I will buy Civ3 ONLY if it has Multiplayer support, if not, then NO! I will wait for the release of the Multiplayer Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
            Father Beast, you forgot to include a poll option for Yin:

I won't buy the game, but will play it if someone else buys it for me.
            That would be included in, I'm not buying the game!

now that the no multiplayer debacle has hit, those who won't buy without multiplayer please post either "good review" or "good review + loved by apolyton. sorry, can't edit the poll now.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

If the LE contains a video tape, it is useless for non-Americans to buy the LE, because of the differences in system it will not work.

I presume that also the normal edition contains a manual and a tech tree. So for me it depends when the game will be released in Europe. If this will happen very soon after the US-release I can wait, if it will be a long wait I will mail order it in the US.

Comment

After reading all the Non MP threads I voted Never EVer !!!!
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I only will play the regular game. There two reasons:
                  1) I am not sure when the LE is available here in Europe
                  2) I am sure that the extra scenario in the LE can be downloaded for free only some days after the release of the game

Comment

I have pre-order both. It's only money, no big deal.

Comment

I think that I'll look for the LE. I would only get the regular for myself, but I'm getting it for my sister's birthday. Does anyone know if the pre-order arrives before the store release date? I'm looking at the EB pre-order page, but it says it ships two days after her birthday.

Comment

Working...
                      X