How Often Do You Read/Post the Civ3 Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Echinda

And you know that statistics can be deceiving. The point is that his posting comes in bursts. His average leaves the impression that he posts daily when in fact there are long breaks between frenetic postings.

I tend to post 5 or 6 posts once every three or four days so my average isn't very representative of my actual activity either.
    I assumed that this thread is about overall Activity, not the activity of Tuesday or the first week of the month or whatever.

Obviously, if he goes away for a few months between 'posting sprees' he isn't as active overall as he is during ones of those sprees.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

doctrine:loyalty, not reliability

I'm a loyal apolytoner, but not on a constant reliability. I may be very active every week for a time, and then be off for some weeks. You can't simply rely, for example, on my average number of posts: I virtually posted nothing last winter and for many months ( that's life ). But for now, I visit a few times a day and make 1-3 posts a day. I may be for the long run considering the potential legacy anticipated with the upcoming Civ3 and MoO3.

So with objectivness I voted the second choice only, though actually it's more like a few times a day .
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Well I don't post that much, I mostly lurk, and I've only been on the Civ3 boards as of about a month ago or so. Before that I briefly visited the CTP2 forums until they announced they weren't going to patch it anymore. Before that I visited the CTP forums. Yes, CTP was really bad, but it was still based on civ, so I had a strange kind of dissatisfied addiction to the game, knowing that it was a really bad game.

I could never get pass a few turns in the SMAC demo.

Edit: a spelling and grammatical error
        Last edited by Pembleton; September 6, 2001, 23:46.

Comment

Since I am on the Net all day anyway, so I just drop by now and then, maybe posting a few useless comments here and there
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Dose this one count?
            Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I typically visit once a day or so to keep up with the latest civ3 news. Yet I almost never post, for the painfully obvious reasons that y'all already know. I just hope you don't mind us lurkers to much , you know how sensitive they (we) can be

You can bet the lurkers will come out of the walls once they(we) get civ3 installed!
              What would you do with a drunken pirate, ehh mateeee?

Comment

So many threads.....
                and so little time.....
                -------------------------------><------------------------------
                History should be known for learning from the past...
                Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.
                -------------------------------><------------------------------

Comment

Check it many times a day, and usually post a couple of posts each day.
                  We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Every two three days. I don't check Apolyton that often either though, but people recognise me here, at least I think they do. You guys know me, right?
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

You guys know me, right?
                      Who the heck are you?

()

Actually, I know who you are. You're that dude who was grumbling about his work in the Coffee Shop all the time, right?
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                      X