? - Persians
    Joan of arc - French
    ? - Japanese
    Shaka - Zulus
    Elizabeth I - English
    Mao Tse Tung - Chinese
    ? - Aztecs
    Otto von Bismarck - Germans
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

If anyone wants i could scan the pics from the magazine through a high quality scanner. Its actually quite a long preview...
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
        If anyone wants i could scan the pics from the magazine through a high quality scanner.
        That would be a great idea
        None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

One settler cost 2 populations...

If a new city will only have 1 square, what is the another one doing? I think a city begin with 9 square
          is just making sence. 1 square is for clony.. I have played CIV for too long. I know what sid's thinking...
          My last guess about the army system was right..I bet I'll be right this time as well. Oops, I can't bet...anyway

Originally posted by Haphazard
          Size 1 = 0 = no radius (1 square)
          Size 2 = 10 = 1 radius (9 square)
          Size 3 = 100 = 'usual' radius
          Size 4 = 1000
          Size 5 = 10000
          Size 6 = 100000 = win

Any more than 100000 culture points for a win (ie 1million) would be a bit hard as an 'old' wonder was quoted as giving 50 per turn for at most about 500 turns. You'd need 4+ of those for a win at 100000 and 40+(!) for 1million!

Comment

Originally posted by Haphazard
            Size 3 = 100 = 'usual' radius
            Ah, but is it really the 'usual' radius, or does each size now encompass a complete square? That is, do we also get the corners or diagonal squares now?
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Thanx for the info and shots

And the map setup screen is just like the one from the pre-order video.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                Ah, but is it really the 'usual' radius, or does each size now encompass a complete square? That is, do we also get the corners or diagonal squares now?
                A size 2 radius looks like this:

= out
                = in

In other words, it's the familiar 21-tile city radius. Larger cultural radii have more tiles missing from the corners.

In addition, there appears to be a system where tiles that lie just outside the cultural influence of 2 or more cities are sometimes included within the empire's cultural borders.

Comment

Working...
                X