• Show
Clear All

Size 1 = 0 = no radius (1 square)
    Size 2 = 10 = 1 radius (9 square)
    Size 3 = 100 = 'usual' radius
    Size 4 = 1000
    Size 5 = 10000
    Size 6 = 100000 = win

Any more than 100000 culture points for a win (ie 1million) would be a bit hard as an 'old' wonder was quoted as giving 50 per turn for at most about 500 turns. You'd need 4+ of those for a win at 100000 and 40+(!) for 1million!

Comment

I like how you Aussies have "Newsagents." Makes them sound like exotic spies.

Here, they're just "vendors." Too bad.
      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Why does USA get it before Oz does Thats gotta stink.. Wonder how long it takes to get to Russia

Comment

Well what I would like to know is are these figures for boundary expansion for an individual city or for the entire civ, for example, does your civ have to acquire 10 culture points and then all of your boundaries expand, or is it on a per-city basis. The screenshots seem to suggest the latter, but some people have said it is the former...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The world setup screen made me think of the 3D globe map idea. Maybe, just maybe Sid heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Well what I would like to know is are these figures for boundary expansion for an individual city or for the entire civ, for example, does your civ have to acquire 10 culture points and then all of your boundaries expand, or is it on a per-city basis. The screenshots seem to suggest the latter, but some people have said it is the former...
              That was me. And now it´s like a bane that haunts me.

Judging from the latest screenshots at civfanatics.com (e.g. http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3image...ulturaladv.jpg), at least some of the boundary expansion works on a per-city-basis.
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

It appeared on numerous map screens before. Perhaps it indicates that the Egyptians are in a 'golden age'?
                To me that sign looks like a "peace sign". Since a golden age is supposedly only obtainable when in peace. I think that the symbol deos mean that your civ is in a golden age.

Thanks for all the info by the way.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddam
                  Why does USA get it before Oz does Thats gotta stink.. Wonder how long it takes to get to Russia
                  Well... I'm in Russia and I got it!

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

To me that sign looks like a "peace sign". Since a golden age is supposedly only obtainable when in peace. I think that the symbol deos mean that your civ is in a golden age.
                    It looks like a peace sign to me, too, and if you notice there is a blue line running from Cleopatra to the top leader (which is you?) which means they have a mutual protection pact. The top leader also has a 'right of passage' aggreement with Cleopatra so perhaps the peace symbol means that civilisation is your special ally. In CTP2 a dove (it was a dove, right?) appeared on the relations screen if you had an alliance.
                    Formerly known as Masuro.
                    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

thanks a bunch for the all the hard work zanzin, it is much appreciated!!
                      it's too bad no new leaders are revealed on the diplomacy screen though.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                        thanks a bunch for the all the hard work zanzin, it is much appreciated!!
                        it's too bad no new leaders are revealed on the diplomacy screen though.
                        um....have we seen pictures of all the leaders yet? If not, there's actually little passport size photos of all 16 in the magazine...I could scan it in. But I thought we'd seen them all before. Someone let me know (post it here) and I'll scan the pic and put it up if you want.
                        If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius
                          I like how you Aussies have "Newsagents." Makes them sound like exotic spies.

Here, they're just "vendors." Too bad.
                          I never really thought about it in that way before...but, you're right - does make them sound like spies - who knows, they probably are!!

Does sound better than vendors though, doesn't it?!?
                          If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin

um....have we seen pictures of all the leaders yet? If not, there's actually little passport size photos of all 16 in the magazine...I could scan it in. But I thought we'd seen them all before. Someone let me know (post it here) and I'll scan the pic and put it up if you want.
                            Start scanning right now!
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

We DONT know all the leaders, so any new pics could definitely help. There's a thread devoted to that around here somewhere...

Comment

Firaxis (or Infogrames) has bought a bunch of ads on http://pc.ign.com . They've got some big leader shots as popups and some smaller pictures with names in the sidebar. From the one that just popped up I can confirm that the German leader is Bismarck, the French leader is Joan of Arc, the Iroquois leader is Hiawatha, and the Roman leader is Julius Caesar.

Comment

Working...
                                X