Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is worried that Civ3 will be too different from civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is worried that Civ3 will be too different from civ2?

I'm really worried that they didn't follow my advice. What I wanted was "Civ2 on steroids". Basically Civ2 with better AI, new graphics, bugs fixed and maybe a few new trimmings.

Instead we've got:

-wierd trade/support system
    -culture
    -no ELVIS!!!
    -lousy cheap computer-generated wonder movies that only children like

i think you got exactly what you asked for... civ3 is basically going to be civ2 on a lot of steroids with some breast implants.

The old things are better (hence the steroids) and there are new things like the trade system, armies, etc (hence the implants).
    Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

but your right about the movies i wish they were still real
      Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

Re: Who else is worried that Civ3 will be too different from civ2?

Originally posted by GP
        I'm really worried that they didn't follow my advice. What I wanted was "Civ2 on steroids". Basically Civ2 with better AI, new graphics, bugs fixed and maybe a few new trimmings.

Instead we've got:

-culture
        -no ELVIS!!!
        -lousy cheap computer-generated wonder movies that only children like
        I for one, wanted a civ3, not a civ2.5, and i think i got it...
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by GP
          In other words, you wanted another test of time?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Elvis *IS* in it, that's all that really matters anyway and Firaxis knows this, they are no fools. I look forward to civ 3 greatly!
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Osweld,

Read my lips, young whippersnapper!

-better AI
              -fixed bugs (this would of course include all of the cheat's that Ming compiled)

Comment

Some people want a 2.5, some a 3. They're not going to be able to please everyone. I guess that I wanted a substantially different game and I am going to get it. This looks like a radically different game that will be even better than Civ2.

And, unpopular as this is, I DONT want Elvis.

Comment

In principle it would still be another ToT.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

[SIZE=1]

And, unpopular as this is, I DONT want Elvis.
                    Blasphemy!!! You don't even deserve Civ 3!! May Sid have mercy on your soul

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                      Instead we've got:
                      -culture
                      -
                      Culture solves a problem I had with the game, which was this:

In the end game, I would always go fundamentalist, jack up my taxes to 80%, and luxuries to 20%. I'd keep up in science through the use of spies. This made my libraries and universities worthless. In fact they cost money and were a drain on the economy. So I would sell them. I never felt right doing that. Essentially your civ starts burning books and is taking a backward step. This would aid in conquering the world faster, but every new city I took would then have its library and Universities sold. This meant my Civ was spreading darkness and ignorance around the world!

Now in Civ III, any such sale will lead to a reduction in my borders, so I'll never do it.

Seems cool to me. It's more like the real world. The Gulf war wasn't really about protecting a small defenseless country, it was about protecting the oil supply. We'll see more of this in Civ III.

Don't fret, my friend. It's going to be a great game!
                      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Some people just want an updated Civ 2, and some others (*cough* Yin26 *cough*)are complaining that there's not enough change.

It shows again that you can't please everyone
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Computer generated movies that are not real? No, I think those aren't in it either... hehe.

Comment

Elvis is back?

Since when has elvis been confirmed? Since all the movies are computer generated, would elvis even be that good if he was in the game?

I want Human actors to be the advisors!

Comment

Some poster who saw an exclusive demo confirmed that Elvis is in the game. That old thread should be around here somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X