Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infogrames info on Europe

Hi,

A question of mine (and snapcase) has been answered today by an Infogrames guy. Quotes are:
    Question:
    How about Civilization 3?
    When will it (at least the US version) be available in Europe (say Holland ;-) )?
    And moreover, will the limited edition be also in stores over here?
    Ciao
    And the answers:
    Posted - 31 August 2001 13:2 Profile Edit Quote
    I take it you're talking about Civ 3's release date in Europe aye?

I'll look into it for you and try and find a date

Ed_UK
    Admin
    Posts: 142 Posted - 31 August 2001 13:38 Profile Edit Quote
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due in Europe mid-November I'm told but no word of a Collector's Edition just yet.

Hope that helps!

Ed_UK
    Admin
    Posts: 142 Posted - 31 August 2001 14:34 Profile Edit Quote
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Further details on the Collector's Edition: we're in negotiations with the studio to bring it over but it probably won't be available at launch - more likely it'll be available first quarter next year.
    Not quite the answers we'd expect, right?
    NEXT YEAR?

Chipbits, here I come...

Grtx, tuckson

P.S. When I hear the word negotiations, I should say Firaxis DOES has something to do with European release
    -------------------------------><------------------------------
    History should be known for learning from the past...
    Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.

I guess I'll buy the ordinary edition first, and if I still like the game when CE hits the shelves I'll buy that too (as I'll need too games anyway (I want to bring one, and one must stay home, as I leave in a year.))
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

You forgot to post the url

Here is the thread that tuckson refered to.

Comment

I don't know what to think I have a feeling that the game also may be delayed in US... Should I order now or wait?

Comment

Well Snapcase has some important news coming up on this one, not very good news either...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh, I didn't see you'd already posted a thread about it or I would have linked this thread from the news item.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I don't like it, but I can handle waiting a month for the UK version. However, I was planning to buy the limited edition, but I will not physically be able to prevent myself buying the normal edition if they are not both released at the same time - And I am too sensible to buy them both.

I think it would be a serious financial mistake for them to release normal and LE editions at different times in europe.

Comment

didn't see it either

Hi Sc,

According to the time you posted the news, I guess you were first. However I assure you I checked the site before entering the subject.

Well, no hard feelings. The main issue is that we don't like the situation of getting things later then the US. Especially the fact that it's not even sure we also can buy the LE locally.

Now I need to order it in the US and pay a bunch of dollars extra only for shipping.

Nah... fate sucks

Comment

Re: didn't see it either

Originally posted by tuckson
                  Hi Sc,

According to the time you posted the news, I guess you were first. However I assure you I checked the site before entering the subject.

Well, no hard feelings. The main issue is that we don't like the situation of getting things later then the US. Especially the fact that it's not even sure we also can buy the LE locally.

Now I need to order it in the US and pay a bunch of dollars extra only for shipping.

Nah... fate sucks
                  I saw this thread first, and I checked for a newsitem, but didn't find any, so this thread was posted first.
                  Did you count with the time difference I think that all news are GMT-5.

Comment

Did you count with the time difference I think that all news are GMT-5.
                    Eeehhhh... Nope, I actually have GMT + 1 in my mind.

Comment

Firaxis, we have a problem

I just read about the the possibility for having to wait for "Collectors Edition" until next year. I hope this isn't the case - since I will not buy anything from places that require my creditcard number over the internet. (One just has to be carefull)

So please, please make "Collectors Edition" come to europe before chistmust.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X