If Apolyton buys me Civ3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Apolyton buys me Civ3...

I will review it thoroughly...and fairly. I will also play whatever part in the Bug Hunters project that I can, though I have an idea for who would be a great leader for it this time around. I will also do my best to tweak the AI and make some mods. And I will make ONLY constructive (if sometimes critical) comments. Yes, that's a promise.

Otherwise, I simply can't bring myself to buy this game. My self-imposed exile is still in effect, but the voices in my head provided this solution: If Poly send me Civ 3, I can look at playing it as a 'service to the community.'

I have spoken. I await the package in the mail (and will x-ray it before opening).

Thank you.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Hey, put me down for a free copy as well.

Comment

NO! Only the most pessimistic poster here gets one. That's MY rule anyway.

Oh, and I refuse to post in or make any other threads in the Civ3 forum UNTIL this Poly-funded game arrives! (...wait, that's not helping my case I don't think...)
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

here's another deal yin: if you buy me civ3, i'll review it only for you and tell if it's worth buying or not. if it's good i promise to send it back to you. of course mail services are horrible in greece and it will take several months until you get the game
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Naaaw. I already have a top-notch player waiting to do that for me. Not saying YOU are not top-notch or anything, but Firaxis would boycott you if you ever said something critical.

Nope.

**You want back on here full-force, buy me the game.

**You want me off of the Civ3 forum forever, don't buy me the game.

(Wow, I really need to work on how I'm pitching this thing, eh?)

By the way, I'm in exile. Just posting this long is causing me a lot of suffering. Hurry up and send me proof of the pre-order.

Comment

Re: If Apolyton buys me Civ3...

Originally posted by yin26
            Otherwise, I simply can't bring myself to buy this game. My self-imposed exile is still in effect, but the voices in my head provided this solution: If Poly send me Civ 3, I can look at playing it as a 'service to the community.'
            Your exile is not working well enough

I have spoken. I await the package in the mail (and will x-ray it before opening).
            Good safety measure to x-ray any package, if not a bit paranoid
            But Limited Edition come in Tin Box, so be carefull: don't be cheated by that little lead all around, that can fool x-ray inspection!
            My best suggestion: wrap the whole box into another paper, then send to President G.W.Bush, White House Washinghton D.C.

The Secret Service will screen it as standard measure, then Mr. Bush will unwrap, see your address and send it back "tested&safe".

Wait, what if Mr. Bush willl keep it for himself, try it as a "World Dominance Simulator", and learn some new diplomacy trick?

Opening diplomacy screen, looking amazed at American Leader, than bringing up the phone and asking: "Daddy, who's that Lincoln guy? I haven't one in my staff! Is he some debris left by Clinton?"

Sorry USA people , I don't want to offend your president, I've just watched too many "David Letterman Late Show" translated from CBS Feel free to attack my Prime Minister as well
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Feel free to attack my Prime Minister as well
              don't worry once Bush gets NMD he'll do it for us

Comment

Originally posted by yin26

Oh, and I refuse to post in or make any other threads in the Civ3 forum UNTIL this Poly-funded game arrives! (...wait, that's not helping my case I don't think...)
                Oh yeah, as if that would ever happen!
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Don't worry Yin, I'll send you it. I'll also pad it with semtex and a trigger device on the box
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Poor Yin. Because actually he wants to buy civ3, but after all the critics he had on it, he doesn't dare anymore. Afraid that someone will take a picture of him buying it...
                    Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                    If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                    "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by campmajor!
                      Poor Yin. Because actually he wants to buy civ3, but after all the critics he had on it, he doesn't dare anymore. Afraid that someone will take a picture of him buying it...
                      LOL its probably tru tho.. hehe
                      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
                        don't worry once Bush gets NMD he'll do it for us
                        NMD? Sorry, I don't know that TLA.

Of course Bush will not attack our Prime Minister: they agree on every main subject, like don't respect the Kyoto treat
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

NMD sounds like National Missile Defense to me
                          ----
                          "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Markos, seriously, would find it a good idea to make an official Apolyton review of the game? (Snapcase's literary skills could make it interesting read)
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

yin, maybe if you offer to pay the shipping they won't laugh as hard.
                              "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                              "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                              "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Working...
                              X