Baby vs CivIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby vs CivIII

Okay, here is a problem. CivIII comes out on October 16th. My first born child is due somewhere between the 15th and the 18th of October.

No, I am not asking which I should play with more - the baby will get much more attention than CivIII (I know it's hard to believe).

What I am wondering, for those that have small children. Is it possible to play Civ with a baby in your life? Just curious what my expectations should be.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Originally posted by Swissy
    Volunteer for those 3am feedings, since your already going to be awake

Hey, sleep is highly over rated
    YES!! How funny!

I just had another child born August 17. Sleep is a luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      3am Wake up, feed baby, put baby back to sleep, finish Civ 3 turn, go back to sleep

5am Wake up, feed baby, put baby back to sleep, next turn in Civ 3

7am Wake up, feed baby, resume Civ 3...
      I think this schedule may work for me! Now I just need to practive holding a baby, a bottle, and a mouse at the same time.
      Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo

I think this schedule may work for me! Now I just need to practive holding a baby, a bottle, and a mouse at the same time.
        What you need is a big nice pillow and a comfortable chair... put the baby in the pillow on your knees, and hold the bottle with one hand... the other one is for the mouse

You wife will be eternally grateful
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The best thing about Civ is that it is turn based, so you can start a game, do what ever is neccessary, and play with the baby, continue when the baby falls to sleep.

It is actually great combination. civ is the baest game for babysitting.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Volunteer for those 3am feedings, since your already going to be awake

Hey, sleep is highly over rated
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

It is actiually very good to have the baby born at the same time as Civ III comes out.

Take paternity leave for a month (or as much you can afford) play with the baby, and play civ III in the meantime... could it be better?

if you were working you would not have more time for Civ III, and not to mention if you had a one and a half year old roaming around the flat until 9pm

Comment

3am Wake up, feed baby, put baby back to sleep, finish Civ 3 turn, go back to sleep

5am Wake up, feed baby, put baby back to sleep, next turn in Civ 3

7am Wake up, feed baby, resume Civ 3...

It is a good combination!! The addition of Civ 3 only adds a single step to your new routine.... hehehe

like the above scenario is gonna happen tho...
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have a seven month old daughter and I'm happy if I get any sleep at all; let alone play civ. But it's worth it, more than you can imagine.
                  Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Working...
                  X