has anyone noticed, no damage bars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone noticed, no damage bars!

has anyone seen screenshots with helth bars or whatever.
    they are in arent they
    i've only seen a couple with moving units circle so i think, like age of empire, the horse has blues reins 4 blues and red 4 red etc. but there are no sheilds sayiong wot they are doing like 4 settlers. maybe animation shows it but there is no health bar!
    ????
    Just my 2p.
    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
    Which shows you learn something every day.
    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

In the Actiontrip preview posted April 17th, you can see this image:

As you can see, all but one of the units have a green bar next to them. I guess this is dammage bars, but I can't say it for sure because of the one without. Anyway, I think it was mentioned once that this was the damage bars, but I can't remember where...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

i think the termometer next to units in the newer shots is the damamage bar
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

they have three or four little bars next to them, this is the dammage bar (1 hit = -1 bar) thats why knights have 4, so they can use the new retreat function. if you noticed, all units have 3 hits (look at the old units that you could play with in the first developer update, the warrior and the phalanxe both have three attacks) so if the knight losses a battle he can olnly loose the life points, so then heel retreat. (i dont know this but it is pretty obvius)
        "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

In Civ II, I think you could play the game on "simple combat" without damage bars... so the absence of them may mean nothing.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Retreat?

Originally posted by splangy
            thats why knights have 4, so they can use the new retreat function.
            I haven't heard of a retreat option, how is it going to work?

Comment

Re: Retreat?

Originally posted by H Tower
              I haven't heard of a retreat option, how is it going to work?
              H Tower, evidently if you have a unit with enough movement capability (how much? I'm not sure), the unit can choose to retreat during a battle of you so desire.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

If its anything like SMAC, then when a unit with higher movement points loses half its health, then it will retreat. If it kills the other unit before losing half its health, then it doesnt retreat. Also, ive heard that you can launch an assault, where your unit fights to the death.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

We'll have 3 levels of units - regulars, veterans and elite, so I presume that "termometer" is going to change its shape, as well as it's color. I think that it's going to be very SMAC-like.
                  Zaki

Comment

I guess this is dammage bars, but I can't say it for sure because of the one without
                    that one 'without' is a purple unit and thus doesn't belong to the same civilization as the blue ones. Pherhaps you don't see the damage bar of other players.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

i dint see those screenshots before now, and still havent seen 3 bars scrnshot.
                      but where is the sheild, i liked that so you could see the shortcut key eg settler i and their status
                      Just my 2p.
                      Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                      Which shows you learn something every day.
                      formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Well I have noticed damage bars on the units, but I was always quite fond of the concept of hitpoints and firepower, and there only seem to be four hitpoints to some of these units. Perhaps these are just subdivisions; perhaps more experienced units have more hitpoints so perhaps these bars also represent experience. Who knows?!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X