• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *still wants to know about art*

What is the arts??????

Dan?

Anyone??

it listed as a new feature in civ3 yet no one knows what it is..

ahh

maybe firaxis could answer

please?

Comment

ok.
      wot i know is that arts and philosophy are the stuff you dont need to advance to the new tech level but can research. eg you need the wheel to quit ancient times but something like, erm, i dunno, republic (yes i know thats rong) you dont and you get extra points at the end
      Just my 2p.
      Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
      Which shows you learn something every day.
      formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

I don't know much about art, but I know what I like.
        "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

Aargh! Give up already.
          There is no arts, we're just all pulling your leg the whole damn world is making a joke out of you! No! in fact there's no damn civ3 even. You've dreamt it all! Now you're going to wake up and find that it's only the day after civ2 was released and you must have fallen asleep while playing non-stop for 14 hours!
          Oh and by theway the world is actually going to end on January 1st 2000!!

Signed,
          The paranoid guy
          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Jesus christ I just saw " Thankyou for Posting. " after that and I almost fell off my chair laughing
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Warning: Totally fabricated guess with no basis on any official releases nor even on any widespread rumors follows.

Perhaps researching a particular art tech allows you to build a particular city improvement which generates culture (museum, theater, ...). Or maybe merely knowing art techs makes your civilization generate more culture points per turn. Or maybe art techs are required for certain wonders (Michaelangelo's - painting (realism), J.S. Bach's - music theory, Hanging Gardens - feng shui, ...)

Comment

Working...
              X