Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

OK, now I see some contradiction here...

So, could someone from FIRAXIS, please give an clarification

As MarkG wrote in the other thread:
    The programming team is now dedicated to fixing bugs detected by the beta testers ...
    I combine with the Jeff interview:
    Apolyton: Are there any plans for a public beta test? What determined your decision?
    Jeff: ... A closed public beta wasn't an option since don't they involve a large enough 'sample' for compatibility testing and requires immense manpower to manage.
    Question: Are there any human civ-fantic players doing beta-testing, like in makin of SMAC?

Re: Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

Originally posted by Jeje2
    Question: Are there any human civ-fantic players doing beta-testing, like in makin of SMAC?
    yes, Sid Meier, Jeff Briggs, Jeff Morris, etc....

a bit more seriously, i think that it's very possible that among the beta-testers will be people who have play civ games in the past....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Doubt it. All the compatibility testing is done centrally at Infogrames this time around...
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

The biggest thing was that they had human alpha testers. Most bugs and balancing is done then as far as I have been told.

Beta is just to check for some bugs and compatability (which is why public betas are good, wide variety of compatibility issues). Not much is changed.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

Originally posted by Jeje2

You mean instead of the alien and monkey testers they have right now?

Comment

Re: Re: Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

Originally posted by Pembleton

You mean instead of the alien and monkey testers they have right now?
            Actually, they're Alien/Monkey hybrids. The truth is out there, you know...

Dan
            Dan Magaha
            Firaxis Games, Inc.
            --------------------------

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
              Dan, THX for ... nothing

Ouyt of all possible replys this one?

Does this mean that you have none or that you have some, but you have desided to keep quiet this time abvout them?

If second case, please just say you have them. I so hope you have some outsiders to help in balansing etc. the game.

But, OK this is also better than nothing. At least you are reading/following happenings.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Does FIRAXIS have any human non-gameindustry betatesters?

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I was a beta tester for Microprose once. If this is at all anything similar I can tell you...

1) They pay you about $12/hour.
                  2) You "work" around 25 hours/week.
                  3) Game balance and bug checking are BOTH important.
                  4) It's usually a summer job or a short-term job for people.
                  5) Everyone who is does it is a total geek and really into gaming.

Comment

Working...
                  X