Civ should be real-time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ should be real-time

I think the turn-based system of Civilization slows down the game. A real-time approach would force players to make smart fast decisions. Multi-player possibilities on the Internet would be more exciting too. Now you have to wait and wait. Time limiting destroys the fun too, at a certain moment I was able only doing half the things I wanted to do when I were in a multiplay game. I think it should be or should become an option in Civ III or Civ IV.

Agree?
    Yes! Real-time here I come!
    7.10%
    No! Turn-based rulez!
    85.25%
    I like the idea of real-time, but want to play in turn-based if I want to.
    7.65%
    I don't mind, everything is fine with me...
    0.00%

You should be perma-:banned: for this

The only excuse you have is that you are a settler who do not know much about Civ and Apolyton...
    Blah

Comment

Definately NO!

I play different games for different reasons. If i want to play a 'faster' game relying on fast smart decisions, then ill play a RT game like Quake or Starcraft. If i feel like a 'slower' game, then ill play something like Civ. To suddenly diverge the Civ style game into essentially two different games would spoil the Civ feeling of the game and make the development of the game much more complex.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

All heretics like you shall suffer eternal damnation and give me their souls.

Muhahahahahahahah
        Rome rules

Comment

Civ is a thinking game.

Real-time? Go play Starcraft.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Why would you want to change a classic turn-based game into a rts? Civilization practically invented turn-based strategy games and there has been no equal to the Civ series except for SMAC which was also made by Sid Meier. Civilization is known for being turn-based not rts.

Comment

What UR said.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

SMACK
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Well if it was real-time, it just wouldn't be civ. Not that I am against producing a god game that spanned the whole of human history that was real time, it would be quite a good idea of executed correctly. But it wouldn't be civ, and civ has it's own niche...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Aren't you a little late? Not to mention, clueless about the very idea of civ?
                    Lime roots and treachery!
                    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Empire Earth is going to try and take a RT to the whole of human history. But it appears to be a similar game to other RTS where you start out in an era of your picking and then you have to pay to upgrade to the next epoch.

Meanwhile, MOO3 is going to bridge TBS and RTS. We will see how it works but Civ is Civ and should stay TBS.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

So Starcraft is the sterotype RT game everyone brings up in here? lol

I prefer Age of Empires II myself. I do agree with the status quo, however, on Civ being best as a TB game.

Comment

Starcraft
                          Age of Empires II
                          Red Alert II
                          The Moon Project
                          Warcraft II Battlenet Edition

is what i have on ym computer right now
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

No, no no, a thousand times no! If you people want your crappy age of empires, you can play that all day and talk on AoE forums. I like my civ turn-based, thant you very much.

Boo this man!
                            Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
                              you people
                              Not one person has liked the idea

(That has posted)
                              Last edited by Sabre2th; August 26, 2001, 12:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X