Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will middle-of-the-game Civ-switching be possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will middle-of-the-game Civ-switching be possible?

In Chess you can switch side anytime with the AI.

Is this possible also in Civ-3? I think it would be nice if one could suddenly switch side anytime with any AI-civ at will. Its considered as cheating, so it leads to no Hall-of-fame scores, of course.

You can do that in Civ2 via cheat menu. For scn design it is very good - otherwise I see no reason to do this.

You should not change the sides in a civ game. Eliminate the other sides instead!
    Blah

Comment

It should be an option, could someone please give me a good reason why it shouldn't?
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

More options are always fine

But I do not understand why I should spend lots of turns to build an empire, then abandoning my entire realm and take the another civ instead Just my opinion of course
        Blah

Comment

If you set up a situation in your empire where the spaceship will arrive at Alpha Centauri in 7 years, then switch civs, you could see if it is possible to defeat your former empire in 7 turns.
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

BeBro, it could be fun? And of course if your civ is going down the drain you can always switch sides
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Well me too, I wouldn't see why you would want to switch sides during the game. Remember the old catchphrase of civ 'Build a civilisation to stand the test of time!'. Why would you want to defect from your creation mid game. I want to see it through to the end, see how it develops and grows and flourishes...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Provost, I understand what you're saying and I to like to play the game this way as well but what will be lost in having an option to switch sides? Of course as not as a valid part of the game but as a "cheat" or someting.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Well me too, I wouldn't see why you would want to switch sides during the game. Remember the old catchphrase of civ 'Build a civilisation to stand the test of time!'. Why would you want to defect from your creation mid game. I want to see it through to the end, see how it develops and grows and flourishes...
                  Yes, but what if you have achieved a comfortable dominating position about halfway through the game? Wouldnt it be nice to be able to switch side, in order to play the role of the underdog? To give give yourself the challenge to recapture the crown, so to speak? Or what if your prepared a Barbarossa-style invasion - then after declaring war, you switch side in order to test out how well you can hold ground against the massive onslaught?

Its a free option you know, and they should try to include it.

Comment

Working...
                  X